The Ultimate Reef

Playa

"Your tank is only in it's 5th month, which is why we are trying to give you some direction and point out potential pitfalls. I would like nothing more than to see pictures of your tank 8 years from now, my friend."

JB all I can tell you is that my reef is doing well and yes, corals are coming in faster than you can count. And Obviously I was not comparing myself with Mike Paletta tank, I know I am rookie compared to the guy or to you for that matter. My point is, I am doing certain things my way, and yes I do ask many times for advice(most often I just read it). I never put my pictures up to teach people a lesson on anything, I put them up so they can see the beautiful reef I have.

Just in case you never saw this post, I will paste it here for you. It comes from the first post I made on my 180 thread.

"This dream got started when I would just drop my jaws looking at reefs from Pucci, MtnDewMan, Tubs, Steve Weast, JB NY, AcroporaUK, 64Ivy, reefbaum and Robz just to name a few. I just wanted someday to give myself a chance."

I have always admired your skills as a reef care taker ad I value your opinions, you have been one of my role models.

Luis

Craig Manoukian

I commend you all for striving to achieve the best in what this hobby has to offer. Your passion and committment is very much appreciated!

Hey Luis you forgot my name(not included in the list.JK!)Any way Luis you have a very nice tank!No bad comments from me just green of envy like so many around here!
But if there is one opportunity I wont hesitate a second to have a reef tank like yours!
Thank you for all your dedication and time on your part to bring us closer to this beautiful hobby!

VINA

dgasmd

Well, herer are a couple more. That is, if I can post them. I have tried several times to link the pictures here from another site since this thread went up and can't do it for some reason.

Bali-tortuosa.jpg

Barnacle-blennie-1.jpg

Len's-cap.jpg

Top-paletta-1.jpg

acanthasttrea-1.jpg

Thank you Alberto for bringing Mike's tank beautiful pics to us!What kind of chiller does he uses to cool off so much heat from the MH?
Also did you took these pics?TIA

VINA

semigodd154

jeeezzzeee!!! now i'm gonna have to get a bigger tank and some halides and some sps and a chiller bla bla bla i think i'll just enjoy the pics maybe print them out and glue them to the inside of one of my tanks here i think that would be cheaper lol

dgasmd

Yes, they are all from his tank. Yes, I took them all myself with the exception of the top shots that he sent me and the ones Robz took himself.

He uses a 3/4HP UNI chiller.

rxx2

Sorry for reviving this thread. Just joined the forum to check out his tank. That blue encrusting porites is SPECIAL. Very nice tank and pics. Thanks

addict

Welcome to reefsanctuary rxx2. :)

This is a pretty awesome tank... hope mine looks as good someday.

Curtswearing

Originally posted by rxx2
Sorry for reviving this thread.

No need to apologize. I hadn't seen this thread in a while and it was nice looking through it again.

WELCOME TO REEF SANCTUARY!!!

proud2bcanadian

Speechless! Absolutely speechless!
Both tanks (Michael and dgasmd) are just BEAUTIFUL!

I would love to have such tanks one day!

:drooool:
:bugout: