The Bluespot Club

BarbMazz

Wow, she is chubby, isn't she? :D Thank you, Missus, for being next to the glass, thankyouverymuch! Figures they pull this stunt right when you announce you're moving.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
OMG! That's great Lorraine! What do you all have in the water in Utah! :lol: We're going to be grandparents! :bouncebox

bluespotjawfish

My parameters are quite different than Shauns.

My tank is currently 77.5 to 79 degrees, with pH from 7.8 to 8.0.

Both are out and eating this morning.

:hug1:

BarbMazz

:D Grampa and Gramma!

My new little bsjf just made splashdown in the tank. I decided to put him in my 28g clown/nem tank. There are no unknown predators in this tank! And this little guy/girl is pretty small!

I've decided he will be a She, and she shall be christened;

Pebbles.

Pictures as soon as she is comfortable. She is hiding in the back of the tank, but in a place where she is keeping an EYE on ME. :D

BarbMazz

:D I didn't either! I made a snap decision when one came available... I was on the fence.

Right now the tank is a cloudy mess, so she is definitely making herself at home while making herself A home!

Thanks!

BarbMazz

She is nosy already! :D She burrowed under a rock, with two entrances. I can tell she'll be coming forward soon because she seems very fascinated in what the HECK "I" must be. lol

GSELLERS

Has been struck by the ban stick
here she is before shipping
DSC_1063.jpg

BarbMazz

For some reason, I picked "her" to be a "she". lol Very well could be a "he". I thought Bam Bam was a male, and this one seems similar to him... color-wise, at least.

Thanks, Glenn, for putting up that picture! I haven't been able to get a good shot of her yet. The dang curved glass on this tank still gives me fits!

BarbMazz

Pebbles is a lil piggie. (S)he just about took food right off the tongs...gives me a good feeling. (S)he is not a bit shy. :D The meal tonight was a mixture of squid, mysis, mussel, plankton. Not sure what she slurped up, but she took several mouthfuls before she started blowing it away.

Earlier today I threw a few small sw shore shrimp in the tank (leftovers from a shipment for my angler) and she slurped one of those up, too.

bluespotjawfish

I hope we don't give her a she/he complex! Glad she is eating! That is always a good sign.

krak - How is yours doing now?

The Misses is even bigger today. Other than that it looks like business as usual.

BarbMazz

Lorraine, I think this is a tough fish... I don't think a little sex confusion is going to bother her, errrr, him? Uh. lol

Thanks, Blake! So far, so good, and I'm so thrilled she's not shy and had a good dinner. Hopefully things will look the same in the morning.

BarbMazz

Lorraine, any more pictures? How is the Missus today?

I have very bad news that is totally my fault. Pebbles was eaten by the haddoni carpet in the clown/nem tank.

No more blue spots for me until I have a tank that is completely safe. I feel the 65g has critters that I'm unaware of so I don't feel comfortable putting one there, and this tank.... I was totally and utterly Stoopid for rationalizing that this fish would know to stay away from the carpet.

When/if the haddoni doesn't thrive, or I choose to find it a new home then this tank will be ideal. Until then, I'm out of the club.

So I apologize for putting this beautiful, unafraid fish at risk and causing its death. This is the worst I've felt since beginning this hobby. Lesson is learned and I'm very chastened.