Terry's RSM250

RSM250

I use a Tunze osmolater for my ATO as well on my 250. It was super easy to hook up, and I only have to fill my 5g bucket with ro/di once a week.

Terry, I call the chamber with the chiller pipe attachment the right hand side, hope that helps. I'm surprised you can't find a supplier in NZ, they are a very popular ATO.
So I now have my Tunze but it is the one with the magnetic holders, so if you have a chiller in that compartment where do you place these magnetic holders as you would need to use them both, the sensor for the water level would be on one then you would need the backup alarm one up higher so when the circulation pumps are turned off & the water level rises in that compartment it doesn't set the alarm off, will the magnets interfere with the heater or anything else electrical?.
I've seen most put the water pipe through the hole for the chiller accessory & the wires through the other hole but I put my pipe for my skimmer through one so what does one do?.
I figured I might be able to put one sensor with the magnet holder on one side where the heater is on the other side of the glass & the other on the other side where the cables go down to the powerboard but then the lighthood cord could catch it when lowering the hood or raising it.
Any help with this would be great, I've been looking at threads all night but can't seem to get the info I need, ones I've seen use brackets or they don't have a chiller in that compartment & are only using one magnet, don't know how they get around the alarm when they turn of the pumps.

imaccat

Here is how mine is set up with the chiller hoses. A tight squeeze, but it works fine

4820579805_b8b81909be_b.jpg

When doing a water change, I have to pull out the power lead to the ATO controller to stop if filling up the tank with RO.

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
I followed Iains setup and it works fine. As he said it is a bit of a squeeze but if you angle your chiller pipes accordingly you can get the sensors in place. When I turn the pumps off for a water change or feeding, I just turn the ato off so the alarm doesn't go off. Just remember to switch it back on LOL.

RSM250

Thanks Iain, Leigh, so the cables run down through the electrical chamber & out the slit where the power cord goes, one magnet inside the chiller compartment & the other on the back of the tank, have you guys put those 4 little plastic inserts on both of the magnets halves? I spent last night drilling holes through the plastic in the filter chamber for the dosing pump hoses, inserted little rubber grommets in the holes which little plastic elbows fit with the hose attached, took some photo's but only with my phone so won't be quality photo's but will post them when finished setting these bits up.

imaccat

Thanks Iain, Leigh, so the cables run down through the electrical chamber & out the slit where the power cord goes, one magnet inside the chiller compartment & the other on the back of the tank, have you guys put those 4 little plastic inserts on both of the magnets halves?

You are welcome. Yes I run the cables through the power centre area and out the slot at the bottom and yes to the magnets too. Must admit I dont recall any plastic insets, but that dont mean it didnt happen!

lethal

Nice job Terry, so neat. I was lazy on that one and just slid them under the skimmer flap and zip tied them. I might have to rethink that one.

RSM250

Now that is one sweet neat job, the military would be proud of you sir.....

Tok

Nice job Terry, so neat. I was lazy on that one and just slid them under the skimmer flap and zip tied them. I might have to rethink that one.

Sweet ! Nice work !

Thanks guys but the problem I have now is trying to get the 10L container for the water top up & dosing container arranged in the cabinet with the dosing pump & everything else, certainly takes some working out.

RSM250

Bubble Magus make cylindrical containers to hold your liquids, here is a link but it's in Oz. I'm going to get 1.5l ones when they come in.

Hey Leigh

I brought this when I got my dosing pump a liquid box, my problem was getting it all to fit in the cabinet but think I got it sorted now.
Liquid Box

It only took about one week to arrive was amazed as I ordered my Tunze Osmolator from New Zealand at the sametime but the dosing pump etc from Hong kong arrived first.

lethal

That looks pretty cool Terry! I've seen those ones on ebay but was a little put off by it being one unit rather than seperate ones. How are you finding it and how much do they hold?

RSM250

That looks pretty cool Terry! I've seen those ones on ebay but was a little put off by it being one unit rather than seperate ones. How are you finding it and how much do they hold?

I haven't started using it yet but seems really well made, each compartment holds 1.5L, the hoses fit in well & can be released anytime easy just by pulling a clip out then pushing down where the hose goes in.

RSM250

The dosing pump is all set-up I borrowed Kay's system of keeping the hoses together with the cable gathering tube but now I'm not sure about products for dosing, I've got Red Sea Calcium & Magnesium & I know I can dilute 1-3 then add to the dosing container & instead of using the 10ml for weekly maintenance I'd use 30ml but would be costly & I'm only using those because I brought them when I first got my tank, I like the Seachem products & they are easy for me to get, I already have Reef Builder for Alkalinity but not sure how I would mix for the 1500ml dosing container & what other Seachem Calcium or Magnesium products I should get.