Terry's RSM250

GregT

Good reminder Terry,
I must do my 'spring' clean plus clean out the rear chamber.
You're cabinets looking really spick n scan.
How're the frags from Brendon doing?
Cheers
Greg

RSM250

My KH is now 5.8 dKH so although I have increased the dose to 40ml day from 30ml it has still dropped I have now increased to 48ml day & have also raised the Ca from 16ml day to 20ml day as it had dropped slighty.

Happy New Year to you too Terry. I've had the same problem with my skimmer before and as you said, a good clean does the trick.

Hi Leigh
I was just so glade that I found out why it wasn't working properly.

Terry this is a great tip ! Worthy of a bump, on my 130D I experienced the exact same thing, I used an eyeglass screwdriver to clean/ream out that orifice - perfect size for the job & then mine worked just like new too

Hi Glenn
Never thought of using screwdriver I've got one that I have sharpened for making holes in the rock or digging out Aqua Knead-it that I could of used someone also suggested that they use a drill bit of that size.

I had the same problem with the Tunze 9002 and solution. Good find Glenn!

Hi Tom
Seems to be a common problem something to watch out for.

Good reminder Terry,
I must do my 'spring' clean plus clean out the rear chamber.
You're cabinets looking really spick n scan.
How're the frags from Brendon doing?
Cheers
Greg

Hi Greg
The frags are doing well seem to be holding colour but pretty slow growing though they are about twice the size from when I got them, I cleaned out all the chamber for the skimmer & why I was at it cleaned the RSM 2400 pump & chamber also.

Hope you & your family, tank have a happy year.

RSM250

Increased Alkalinity dose to 54ml a day & it stayed stable for two days at 6.4 dKH so now I have increased it to 60ml a day to see what happens as I want it stable some where around the 8 dkH.

RSM250

Some photo's to share.

Zooanthids-1.jpg

Zooanthids001-1.jpg

ClamZoosCoral-1.jpg

HermitCrab-1.jpg

Mandarin001-1.jpg

Corals-1.jpg

RSM250007-1.jpg

catran

Wow, very cool collection of SPS. I want those zoas! Very cool! Love 'em!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RSM250

Realised the other day that I had set my Bubble Magus dosing pump wrong & thats why my Alkalinity was not coming right I thought you entered the amount you wanted for each dose & then told it how many times per day so I had put 12ml 6 times per day which I thought was 72mls but when I put a little plastic holder on the outlet I only got 2mls then I realised that it was dividing 12ml by 6 so you are meant to put the full amount you want dosed each day & then divide by how many times per day you want it dosed so I have started over on dosing.

Ca 15ml / 3 times = 5mls per dose
Mg 10ml / 2 times = 5mls per dose
KH 20ml / 4 times = 5mls per dose

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
It's good that you have found the problem. The good thing about the Kamoer dosing pump that I have is that you tell it how much you want dosed, how many times and it works it all out for you.

RSM250

It's good that you have found the problem. The good thing about the Kamoer dosing pump that I have is that you tell it how much you want dosed, how many times and it works it all out for you.

Hi Leigh

This one does the same its just the instructions are not translated that well so they are a bit hard to understand.

RSM250

Help!, all my lights & fans have stopped working, I heard a crack sound I think it was the timer that blew as its not working but the water cooling fans still work, is there a way to bypass the timer to manually operate until I can get a replacement.

GregT

I don't know how to bypass the timer Terry.
Some of the guys who've done the LED conversion may know and hopefully read this soon.

Pumps still working is good.
Have you checked the multi box socket? - and I guess there's fuses somewhere?

RSM250

Hey Greg not sure if its the timer now as it still keeps the time but at the moment I'm trying to workout how to get the pins out for the arms of the hood do you remove top or bottom, they say stick a screwdriver in but where?.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Sorry to hear !

Terry ask our Red Sea Rep Kev in http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea/37228-ask-red-sea.html

Do know... if the fans stop, the lights go out... safety feature to keep from over heating, I am so not dyi, but maybe it's just the need to replace a fan - here the fans are only $9 rsm parts - RSM 250

If the tank is still under warranty (under 1 year old) Red Sea should fix it right away and if not still be able to help you sort it, I would think fans 1st.

You can PM Kev here too (in the US we would PM Avaid)

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=26749

RSM250

Sorry to hear !

Terry ask our Red Sea Rep Kev in http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea/37228-ask-red-sea.html

Do know... if the fans stop, the lights go out... safety feature to keep from over heating, I am so not dyi, but maybe it's just the need to replace a fan - here the fans are only $9 rsm parts - RSM 250

If the tank is still under warranty (under 1 year old) Red Sea should fix it right away and if not still be able to help you sort it, I would think fans 1st.

You can PM Kev here too (in the US we would PM Avaid)

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=26749

Here is the PDF on the timer from Red Sea. You have both AC for the lights and DC for the LEDs and fans running thru the timer. There is a fuse on the timer but I'd think if it poped you would have lost everything. Good luck on the fix!

I don't remember how I got the pins out other than it was a PITA... LOL

http://www.redseamax.com/redseamax/250Temp/redseamax/downloads/Replacing the timer.pdf

Hi Tom, Glenn

I believe its the Transformer 1 as the Daylights, Moon Lights, Hood Fans don't work & would you believe it my tank now is probably 1 year & 1 month old since I've had it but at the moment I can't even get the pins out on the side arms for the hood.

RSM250

Managed to get arm pins removed from the hood now just have to remove covers for screws for the hood to get inside it, wondering if Tranformer 1 can be changed with Transformer 2 & go without water cooling fans until I can get a replacement, not sure what else Transformer 2 operates.