temp help

forestal

Hi all..

i now have a good setup i am happy with , all are doing well, got the digital aquatics timer mainly to prevent a heater from going too high, but now find my temperature is 74.6-79...this is with 2 300 watt heaters in the tank and a 150 in the sump all on...something is amiss...
warmer temps during day with the lights on, at night cools to 74...

anyone have suggestions for heaters for 120 gallon tank that will work without the wattage issues, i mean 750 watts for heat should do the job...

my room temp is 64-70...

i am looking for efficiency for electrical and less space used..

thanks

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
My ebo-jager 250 watter keeps my 90 up to 78 easily. Are you sure the timer thingy is dialed in right??

forestal

yeah, thats the problem, maybe they are old heaters and not working great...i made sure the reef keeper was measuring temp correctly, but i shouldnt need this much heater i thought...

so maybe my coral would really be going nuts if it had a stable temp, cause it is all growing, fish are all fine, and it has probably been like this for months

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Another thing is to make sure you have your heater(s) turned up. For example my temp monitor is set to turn the heater on at 78 deg but my heater itself is set for 80-82.

forestal

thanks, unfortu. did already...any thoughts on what type of heating if i were to get something new? these are ebo jagers' , i have had good luck in past, but they are not working like they should

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
I use a 300w Won brothers Titanium heater with a total of 110 gals including sump and maintains the temp at 82 F without any problems.

blue_eyes53813

I have two 350 watts Won Pro heat titanium heaters in my 265. My temp is always 80 degrees morning and night. Temp never flucuates. I have MH lighting and temp is always the same. The heaters are great.