TB's 67g custom project

Rougiem

Ichthy Inquisitor
PREMIUM
TB:

Great Idea on the top off set-up. Could you PM me a list of materials? I can see most but this would be a great idea for my school tank. :bigbounce :bigbounce :bigbounce

Cheers!

Tigahboy

howdy

i totally slacked off w/ the updates. my apologies. the tank is progressing quite nicely. I finished up the aquascaping (added the rest of the LR) and added a bit more in terms of livestock. =)

Here's the most updated full tank shot (as of last night):

fts0718.jpg

Tigahboy

As of 6-3-05, I added another prop tank (bought it used for only $45). But this one does not run in-line w/ the rest of my set-up.

fragtankv2c.jpg

fragtankv2a.jpg

Tigahboy

As of 6-19-05, I added a seahorse tank in-line w/ the 2nd prop set-up.
It's an acrylic 15g hex.

15gh9.jpg

of course I need to cure more LR to fill up the vertical space, but it's a start at least.

15gh14.jpg

15gh15.jpg

Oh, and the 2 seahorses are captive bred Reidi - a male-female pair.

Currently being fed a mix of live enriched brine w/ frozen foods. Trying to get them on frozen foods completely.

15g0619a.jpg

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
WOW!! Great job! Everything looks very nice. Thank you for the update. One day I will have a seahorse tank.

KimPossible

Looks Fantastic TB!!!
Your ocellaris looks pretty comfy...
Added a prop tank on 6/3 and a hex on 6/19! All I can say is WOW. When do you have time to study :)
Your whole set up is top notch :bigbounce

Newt

Thanks for the update Tigah, you sure have been busy! Quite a setup you've got. By the way, how are the dispars doing? I was also looking into getting myself a school of anthias in the coming week, and its between dispars, lyretails, and squarebacks.

Just thought some of your insight might help my decision.

Also, is that a Powder Blue tang that I see in one of your pics?

Tigahboy

thanks for the feedback, guys! it's been a very busy month. =)

jk - dispar anthias are fine. they just dont school AS consistantly as when I first got them. But they are amazing to watch when I feed them...talk about a feeding frenzy!

I think they don't look as interesting as the lyretails, but for whatever reason, I heard they don't require as much space so I stuck to the dispars.

And yes, that's a PB Tang. =P

Newt

Tigah, Good to know about the anthias, I think I may stick with my initial choice and go with the Lyretails. I was also thinking of a PB for my tank, but many said it shouldn't be done in such a small tank, especially when keeping a reef. I think as long as he's doing good as well as your corals, more power to you, I may try it anyways,lol. Yours looks beautiful, keep up the great work!

Jason

Tigahboy

yeah. got it for macro control. it seems to be fine thus far. only had him for 3 weeks now. crossin my fingers that it will stay cool. =)