Super Glue Gel, putty or something else?

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
What does everyone use for gluing frags or corals to rock work? I know super glue gel works well, but is anyone using any of the putty's that are available? If so, which one and how well does it word?

The reason I'm asking is I have used Instant Ocean Holdfast and it really hasn't worked well.

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
I don't know about the putties from my own experience, but I've heard good things about the TLF Aqua-Sticks. Here's a link:

Two Little Fishies Aquastik

This is the link for the stone grey color. They also have a coraline red color as well.

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I have some Ocean Wonders Reef Epoxy which I'm less than enthused about. It seems to stick to me better than the rockwork or coral base. I may have to try some of the above.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
I'm a super glue gel guy. Just gotta b a little slow going to give it time to set up.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

steved13

PREMIUM
I like the ecotech coral glue also.

It sets quicker than super glue gel, and I'm 3/4 through my first bottle and still using it...not dried up and useless. I've left it out with the cap off overnight (I'm ashamed to say twice).

I've found the trick for me, with all of these gels is to smear it around a little where the frag and the rock meet, you have to break the skin that forms as soon as the glue hits the water.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I've found the trick for me, with all of these gels is to smear it around a little where the frag and the rock meet, you have to break the skin that forms as soon as the glue hits the water.

Nice, that's a great tip. Thanks!