Sps tanks and M. MUD and Zeovit

ACRONUTS

I am considering adding a refugium to my exsisting 180g mostly sps. I have great color and growth and would be adding it for the other benefits like, nitrates and phosphate removal, live food source for corals and fish.
If any of you gals and guys out there using any MM or Zeovit, PLEASE chime in!

My questions are as follows:

1. Both systems seem to be basically the same. Has anyone changed from one to the other? If so why and did you like the change?

2. Did anyone experience a crash/ wipeout when they added the refugium?

3. Can either of these products be added to a sump that was not a purchased sump from the makers of the MM or ZV? If I can how much product do I use?

4. Does anyone run a powerhead for circulation inside the sump?

5. What kind of lights are you all running? Are you running it 24/7

6. Anyone having alk problems?

7. Anyone running a ca/reactor with the refugium and still having alk issues?

8. Is anyone still using additives like cyclopeeze, brightwells zoo-plankton, etc.?

Currently I am running Berlin style with ca/reactor and a phosphate reactor. I use carbon about three weeks after a WC, for 1 week (4th wk), then I do my 35g WC.

Snappy

Zeo tanks are ultra low nutrients while using a refugium with M M will create at best a reasonably low nutrient level. MM needss to bereplaced every so often from what I understand. Would you have macro algae in the fuge as a nutrient export? They more important question is ... what are you trying to achieve with your reef? If you have good colour, etc I would not bother with the MM or zeo and just set up a macro algae area in the sump on a reverse photo cycle.

ACRONUTS

Greg,
I see what you mean. I am looking for very low nitrates and phosphates.

Would I still need to add some kind of sand bed in the refugium before adding the cheato
?
Zeo tanks are ultra low nutrients while using a refugium with M M will create at best a reasonably low nutrient level. MM needss to bereplaced every so often from what I understand. Would you have macro algae in the fuge as a nutrient export? They more important question is ... what are you trying to achieve with your reef? If you have good colour, etc I would not bother with the MM or zeo and just set up a macro algae area in the sump on a reverse photo cycle.