Sonic's Adventures

Frankie

RS STAFF
There is a gate valve on the water outlet side? open this up more to drop the water level. How does air get into the skimmer? Is there a tube going to a connection on the pump that feeds it? or is this the skimmer you have? Skimmer Design 101 If this it it, read this.

sonicfish

okay there is no valve and i dont get when you mean is there a tube going to a connection on the pump that feeds it?

Frankie

RS STAFF
DId you even read the link I gave you? How does the skimmer work? How does air get into it?

Frankie

RS STAFF
You just breezed through it and replied to my post with nothing to offer. Take your time. Read it. Walk away, read it again. To know the skimmer you need to BE the skimmer! Feel the bubbles coursing through your vain's! :D IS that the same skimmer as your?

sonicfish

no it is not similar design but there are differences not as long more fatish and there is no airline/airstone it and yes i did skim through it but then i read it

sonicfish

alright my tank is looking better more corraline algae but im noticeng the green go away but the brownish tan is starting to grow should i be worried or not its only on the rocks with out any algae at all on it.

chriswho

Is there any of this brown algae growing on your glass? It could be diatoms. You could try cutting your feeding back to once every other day. If it is diatoms cutting your light period down to 8-9 hours a day might help. To speed your coralline growth try scraping some of it off of a rock that it is growing on with a razor blade. Careful not to cut yourself. This boosted my coralline growth tremendously.

sonicfish

well i am only feeding once every other day so its not feeding and lights on for 6 hours so it cant be that im going to buy some more power heads from fosters since i need some more salt and filter pads

sonicfish

soon i have been totally inmurse in school and golf we have a 4 person scramble at my dads golf course and were going to win but my rocks are starting to look good and when i did my usual testing the nitrates always imitidly go to 100 but latly they are slower and some times look like 50 ithink im making improvements but i just could be in the clouds

sonicfish

new pics it looks a little better but nitrates still high and a i am still removing the crushed coral there is just a lot of it
new037.jpg

new038.jpg

I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS GOOD ALGAE ITS STARTING TO SPREAD ON EVERY ROCK
new042-1.jpg

chriswho

If it's purple that's Coralline algae. Not bad at all IMO. It's just a matter of taste I guess. It won't harm your tank.