Snail's pace beginning to an Old Lady's 65g Reef

BarbMazz

you can have my remote control when you pry it from my cold dead hand~

Jack also sells TV Projection units you have the wall space~

yes men love fire, but only when we sear strips of animal flesh over it. MMMM BBQ~

good job on researching and planning,,,waiting to watch it grow.

1. That's exactly how my husband feels! :)

2. The tv in the picture stays in the room. However, we are currently finishing our basement and plan on a tv projection unit down there.. you know, a movie theatre ala Sopranos, with nice seats and such. Popcorn machine too!

3. I love fires, too, and seared strips of animal flesh. YUM

4. Thank you. The research is a lot of fun, and good for my middle-aged brain that wants to go south, quickly.

I like your sense of humor, Wit. You remind me of my husband, actually!

bluespotjawfish

When was the last time you got a good nights sleep???

What's that? Oh yeah...good night! I read all night every night last year, I'm taking this year off!

Wake me up when this baby is screaming with water, fish, and/or corals! Looks like it's going to be a fun place!

As for TVs, just remember that #TVs in the house = # of tanks you can have before they can say ANYTHING! Big Screen = Bigger tank before they can say ANYTHING (and wouldn't dare)

dobejazz

What's that? Oh yeah...good night! I read all night every night last year, I'm taking this year off!

Wake me up when this baby is screaming with water, fish, and/or corals! Looks like it's going to be a fun place!

As for TVs, just remember that #TVs in the house = # of tanks you can have before they can say ANYTHING! Big Screen = Bigger tank before they can say ANYTHING (and wouldn't dare)

ohh I like that rule (learn something new everyday) 3 tanks and 5 TV's Biggest tank 48" wide largest TV 61" ( which he just said we are replacing with a 73") I need to get to the LFS

lcstorc

You just got a bigger TV last year.
I do have more TVs than tanks though. Not sure where else I could put a tank though.

BarbMazz

I think I might be in official competition with Al now!

I'm going to Europe on business at the end of January or beginning of February, so I'm not going to set anything up until I come back. I think I would just worry if I set up beforehand.

I'm going to Barcelona and probably the Italian Dolomites and then down to Carrara again. We have several big jobs that we have to check on. It will be great to go back, but I do hate to postpone the tank further.

It's hard to be Barb (NOT!).

goldenmean

I visited barcelona nearly 2 years ago. What a great city!
I could easily live there. I cant wait to go back.

lcstorc

Sounds like a great trip.
I agree that it makes more sense to put the tank on hold than to set it up and go away for an extended time. Plus this gives you more time to research or read a good book while you are on the long flight.

BarbMazz

Jeff, I was in Barcelona for about a day and a half, so I didn't get to see a thing! I'll have a bit longer.. maybe 3 days. I'm making it a point to see Gaudi's museum, though. His stuff is so different; reminds me of a Tim Burton movie!

Lorraine, if I set up I'd just be nervous that something had gone wrong and water would be everywhere!

BarbMazz

MY TANK IS IN! Weather permitting I'll be picking everything up tomorrow!

I should have time before the trip to prepare and protect the inside of the stand, and get started on my sump/fuge tank... maybe even complete it.

I'm a happy camper! I'll be able to see progress before I leave and then focus on plumbing and setup when I get back. :whstlr: :whstlr: :thumbup:

tbittner

My thoughts are:

Set the tank up.
Put the rock in and fill it up.
There is no such thing as too long to cycle it.
When you get ready to add livestock, it will be a semi-mature tank already.

:)

BarbMazz

My thoughts are:

Set the tank up.
Put the rock in and fill it up.
There is no such thing as too long to cycle it.
When you get ready to add livestock, it will be a semi-mature tank already.

:)

I dunno, Terry, that sounds kinda SCARY! Like, I'll hafta start applying things I've been learning about. UH OH! LOL

tbittner

:lol:

Yeah, I'm doing the same thing with the controller I'm putting together and wiring up and building. Last night I worked up the nerve to actually attach 120v to one of the relays. I turned the power on with a wooden broom handle.

:lol:

Everything WORKED though. I'm sure you'll be fine too. :)

goldenmean

I agree Barb!
If you can get it filed with Salt water and your sand and LR before you go away.
Oh!
Are you still planning to use TBS? If you are you need to be home to twice daily monitor water for Ammonia and do water changes so you would need to wait until you get back.
If you are not using TBS then you can get it set up before you leave.

When we were in Barcelona we rented an apartment in the old city right by the sea. We did so much in 8 days. Antoni Gaudi is awesome too. There are several houses you can tour.
We toured Casa Batllo Casa Batlló - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Park Guell Park Güell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
SagradaFamilia Sagrada FamÃ*lia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The number one thing I would advise you to do in Barcelona is go to the Big Public Market off of Las Ramblas, La Boqueria (the entrance is also a gaudi design). There are several small restaurants that you can just belly up to the bar to and have the most awesome meal.

If you are bored you can check out some of my pics of Barcalona on my website. Jeff & Alonzo