Sixline Wrasse harasses Clown

misbehavior

My Sixline has been in my 125 tank for four months. I recently added a Maroon Clown. The Wrasse beat it up something terrible :tears: . I caught the Maroon and put it in my hospital tank and it is recovering (will take it back to LFS when completely healed). Has anyone had a similar experience? Would it be safer to add a pair of Clowns, or just forget the idea altogether?

Its been my experience that six line wrasses are generally peaceful can be a bit territorial. I had one in my fish only tank that would nip at smaller fish. I had a tomato clown as well and the two got along fine, however, the clown was larger than the wrasse. If you do add another clown you might want to try one that is larger in size than the wrasse. Send my best wishes to the injured clown and get well soon.

Charlie97L

they can be territorial, especially if they are the first fish in... but it all comes down to the individual. i have one that's a sweetie, but i want some shrimp, so i'm gonna get rid of it i think. plus he scares my purty firefish.

misbehavior

I do love my Six-line; I will look for a couple of large clowns to add to my tank. As always, RS is the best. I will let my Maroon know that you send your best mempho reefer, thanks!