Sick Midas Blenny

clownsrule

I have had my blenny for 18 months and he has stopped swimming and he is not eating. He is still alive, what can be wrong with him and what can i do?

OneLove87

Have u checked your water parameters sounds like a amonia spike, i also lost my midas blennie about a month ago mine wdied due to detritus build up from poor circulation so thats another possible problem your best bet is to put him in a quarintine tank

BigJay

I just lost one I had for about a year to internal parasites or what I assume was internal parasites. Is there anything to note about his appearance like pinched in sides, heavy respiration , color change, holes etc?
A non swimming midas is not cause for concern but a non eating one definetly is.

leebca

Keep watching for any other symptom. I would prepare and have ready a hospital/quarantine tank ready in case something definitive shows up that needs treatment.

clownsrule

he hasnt changed colour and he hasn't got any holes or marks on him
he is breathing normally and moves slightly when someone goes up to the tank
when feeding he looks like he is trying to get food but doesnt seem to be able to move off the floor of the tank.

leebca

It sounds like the premature end of its days. How big was it to start with? Has it grown in size in your care? What size is it now?