Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

Blue Space

oh no'z! he's just a sweet little yellow goby looking for a snack. :D

well, we can't have that... Some folks have been able to curb this by additional feedings.

Reactions: SPR

SPR

So you see this coral below, it’s now a stump, something has eaten it......

Oh and does anyone know the lifespan of a yellow goby!.....

3C80F69A-8428-42EA-953C-3813A4954087.jpeg

Blue Space

I've heard of people emptying the volume of a normal water change and then draining as much as possible into containers, making it easier to capture the fish. Not sure if that is an option for you with your 500+ gallon system.

SPR

I've heard of people emptying the volume of a normal water change and then draining as much as possible into containers, making it easier to capture the fish. Not sure if that is an option for you with your 500+ gallon system.
Mmm, I don’t think thats an option to catch a 1 inch fish. For the sake of my mind I’m going to just await a natural occurrence, death!

Nobbygas

Shaun, I have to ask you to cast your mind back to when you cleaned your JBL 36W UV-C. I remember you said something about scrapping off a whiteish almost calcium like covering on the glass sleeve, and it was a mistake? and you had to order a new one? Did the new one have this covering on it?
I am only asking because mine also had this type of covering, but it literally fell off. To me it just seemed like a Calcium type covering that had formed on it.

Reactions: SPR

SPR

I think it’s just calcium deposits and will drop off with citric acid or whatever your using.

I can’t remember buying a replacement JBL, I changed to the 20w DD which is a fraction of the size. Infact it’s not been running since January as the bulb needed changing, the pump needed cleaning as it was making a noise, and, well, I couldn’t be bothered! Lol

I haven’t added any new fish to that system for a long time, so I’m not as concerned as before, but the large system has an 80w installed and will remain up and running,

Mmm, I seem to remember something happened to the JBL now you mention it, but I can’t remember what!