Share your Radion graphs!

cah73

Hey everyone,
With many people getting into LEDs, and with the radions being a popular unit, I wanted to create a thread for all the Radion owners to share our schedules and graphs with each other. There is an endless amount of possibilities with the all the options the Radion has to offer.

The biggest issue I have been seeing all over the web is that people can't get their intensities dialed in to what fits their tank and people end up burning coral. So, I want to use this thread as a ReefSanctuary goto for those Radion owners that want to customize their lighting schedule and want to discuss and share their graphs.

Things that are important to include in your posts and when directing questions:
-Tank size and Dimensions.
-Start day/end day time
-Height of Radion unit from top of water level
-what are you keeping in your reef tank!

As always, Happy reef keeping!:pBJ:

cah73

So after searching and searching all over, I decided to make my own graph. For now my max intensity is 50% for only 4 hours a day and it dwindles from there over 12 hours. I mounted the lights and got them running...everything is going pretty well inside the tank. I did notice that when I had a very deep blue running, my mated clowns turned to a black color due to the lighting, and the female was kickin the male outta their cove! So I made sure that I nixed that color from the schedule by adding some white. I'll post my schedule here after the new year. But here are pics of my setup over my 60gal tank. I mounted the light 9.5" above my water level. Also used a VESA TV ceiling mount to mount the lights.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Tank and light setup look awesome! I ramp mine (gen 2 with tie lenses) to 52% and leave it for 8 hours. If you think about it thus is the way metal halides work. I don't see any reason to ticker with this part past that. The lighting spectrum within those 8 hours is up to you but I keep mine at 12k...... Grew a $100 frag into $2,500 colony so I'm happy :)

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I've decided to ramp mine up to 45% initially from 8a-8p with 5% blues from 6-8a and 8-11p. Mine appears to be about the 12k color spectrum atm, too.

cah73

Awesome. I can't wait for crazy growth like that! :bigbounce. I plan on lengthening the day every week so I can keep an eye on my corals... I also changed my color spectrum to around 14k... The intense blue was too trippy. For moonlight, I have a very small percentage of white and the royal blue from 11pm- 8am then I begin my "sunrise"

Has anyone used the calibrate feature in the ecosmart software? I'm thinking about doing that soon... PSU4Me, what species of coral frag did you buy and grew like that?! Over what period of time???

Overall these lights are very cool once you learn to use it. I wonder how the reef link works....I just with it wasn't $200. $100 seems more reasonable.

paulyray

I have only had mine up and running for a couple weeks. I have a 120 with 2 pro's over it, and am using the preset shallow reef curve, and am aclimating at 75% for 3 weeks. My reef link works great and is pretty cool. Nice being able to play with it all with my iphone. I am still learning them, but wow, awesome lights! I can't wait until I can control my mp40's with ecosmart live also. Looking forward to reading others opinions in this thread.

Tradewinds

-Tank size and Dimensions.
-Start day/end day time
-Height of Radion unit from top of water level
-what are you keeping in your reef tank!

My tank size is 180 (72"x24x24)
Start Day is at 07:00 AM and Start Night is at 09:00 PM
I upgraded to the PROs from the Gen 1s in October and am currently running the Deep Water Reef (Natural) factory template at 65%.
Three Radions are 9" above the water
My tank is a mixed reef, mostly LPS, with a few SPS.

I just added a Reef Link to the system, which allows me to control the lights wirelessly and soon control/schedule the Ecotech powerheads as well.

One of the scheduling features I like the best is the ability to run the lights on an acclimate timer.

cah73

Ok finally made some time to make adjustments. So far everything has been going well. My Acan coral and Caulastrea corals were burning a bit, so I turned the intensity down JUST A BIT. My max is 47%. Enough babble, here it is!

Untitled.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Untitled2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I have the Reef Radiance PRO 240 and have 3 channels that I can set. Anyone have one of these that can share their lighting schedule with me?? The only thing I've managed to grow so far is algae, though my frogspawn does look sweet under the moon lights!!