September '09 POTM Contest~

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
:bouncer: It's photo contest time again so start uploading your photos!

September's contest theme will be "schooling fish". Let's see photos of 3 or more fish in your marine tank!

Winner will receive a $35 gift certificate to any Reef Sanctuary sponsor! This month's contest is sponsored by Woodstock! :D

In addition, the winning photo will be paraded on our home page for one month!

Please review the entry regulations below and have fun!!
Rules:
1) One photo per contestant,
2) No heavily photoshopped photos are allowed. The photos should be as raw/normal/untouched as possible. Minimal editing such as cropping, brightness/contrast adjustments, and resizing are acceptable.
3) Photo subject matter must be from the member's tank (or household tank) and must be "schooling fish (3 or more fish)"!
4) Photos that have previously won any other contest are not allowed,
5) Photos MUST be uploaded to the September '09 POTM gallery by midnight (EST) August 31st.
Sorry, no moderators or administrators allowed to participate in this contest.

A voting poll for all uploaded photos will be available September 1st and will remain open through the 10th.

NOTE:
Only photos uploaded into the photo gallery will be included in the voting poll!
So please upload your photo to the
September '09 POTM gallery

cbrownfish

chromis00.JPG

Kovu

Here is a school of anthias that i just took a little bit ago its from my dads and my tank,
90gallonschoolofanthias.jpg

seafansar

That's cool. How do you tell the male from the females? I have 5 Carberryi anthias. I'd love to add more. I think I have 2 or 3 of them that are competing to become male, if they aren't already. They don't do any serious harm to one another, but they spar every evening.

What size tank are they in? And how long have you had them? I've read that sometimes in aquariums they will all become male for some reason.

Kovu

there in a 90 gallon tank and i just kinda of bought seven and then one just changed its form so i assumed it was a male.

sambrinar

hmm my schooling fish don't school very well, I think they are always at recess.. but here is a shot

IMG_1685.jpg

WatchinFish

they barley ever school, but i guess i got luck one day.
new_aquarium_1_2_.jpg

i dont have a chance with this cell phone picture but i thought i would share :)