Seafansar's 28 gallon JBJ LED nano

corrado007

Great to hear the LEDs and stock filtration are a solid set-up. I have 12k 250W MH over my 90 also so hopefully I'll have results as positive as yours as far as coral health. Thanks for the info.

seafansar

Here are some crappy pictures of my tank's twin. We used black sand in this one. These pictures are a little old. We are moving things around between the tanks today, so hopefully I'll have some nicer pictures for an update on both tanks. We did get an AWESOME maxima clam! It's soooo pretty and huge! When you look at it one way it looks green and from other angles it looks baby blue. :)

315.jpg

316.jpg

317.jpg

318.jpg

seafansar

Ok, both tanks are pretty much done and the way I like them. I tried to take some pictures, but they came out terrible! The camera I usually use to take pictures of my tanks broke, so I'm using my old one and can't figure out how to change the white balance; looked in the manual and everything. :( So I'm going to try again tomorrow or I may just video tape the tanks and see if they look better that way. I'm very happy with them right now! :)

Oh and we got some really nice SPS frags today for cheap! They were between $5 and $15 each and about 1" to 3". One's a big red digitata, a red cap, a deep blue tort (very very pretty!), a cool yellow milli, a light blue with darker blue tips acro, and a fuzzy blue milli.

corrado007

Your second tank is really cool too, I like the black sand. Sorry to hear your camera broke, that's a big part of the fun of keeping these tanks if you ask me. Anyway, nice job on the second tank too.

seafansar

Here are some pictures after we re-did the tanks.

Tank #2. The CBB and mandarin are in there to eat the aiptasia and pods that were overrunning the tank. They didn't seemed too stressed from the transfer, cause they both started eating immediately!
IMG_2424.jpg

IMG_2425.jpg

IMG_2428.jpg

Our new blenny. He's camera shy.
IMG_2426.jpg

seafansar

Thanks! Just realized the pics I just posted of tank #2 are on page 3. It looks much better than it did!

corrado007

I agree, looks great!
I really like all the color you have going on in there, some pretty bright corals. Beautiful clam too.
Well done.

seafansar

New way to feed my CBB. Now he wastes less of the food and it getting much fatter! :)
IMG_2611.jpg

IMG_2613.jpg

IMG_2620.jpg

And some new pics of tank #2 I don't know if you can tell in the pics, but there is a huge yuma in the center that's on the side of a rock. It grew a lot when I put it in the tank and now it's about 4.5" across when fully opened. Only bad thing is it's on the side of the rock and a little hard to see. My clove polyps in the last picture are really taking off too!
IMG_2614.jpg

IMG_2615.jpg

IMG_2616.jpg

IMG_2617.jpg

IMG_2618.jpg

IMG_2619.jpg

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Tank looks outstanding Sara, love the coral selection !
That's good news the CBB is gaining weight, mine would eat right out of my hand but never gained weight and eventually died.

seafansar

Tank looks outstanding Sara, love the coral selection !
That's good news the CBB is gaining weight, mine would eat right out of my hand but never gained weight and eventually died.

Yeah, this guy would eat great, but I think he just wasn't fast enough to eat everything before it went in the overflow. Now only the pieces he grabs leave the "bag" so he gets a lot more and you can actually see a belly on him now and his sides are filling back up again.

seafansar

Very Nice!!!

Thanks! And see what I mean about not having room for more corals! The ones in that tank at least take up so much room. But I did order the blastos from the guy. Bad me! I think I'll just keep one and give the rest to my dad. There's three different kinds, a green one, red with green centers, and red with purple centers and a green mouth. I love blastos! But I gave the only one I ever owned to my dad. I get to see it when I go to his house though. It's all red with little green mouths and it's about 3" by 2". The one's I just ordered only have 1 head per frag except the green one which has two.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Hi Sara.....how is the clam doing under the LED's? I was thinking of getting one myself.

Thanks!

aw1446

I love your tank(s)! I'm completely jealous. What type of coral is that your clowns are hanging out in? I just may have to get one :)