sambrinar's 75 gals office sanity

sambrinar

I got a brand spakin' new 75 gal for Christmas. With an awesome stand (thanks Santa :D). I forgot my digital camera, but here are some picts from my Crackberry.

All Glass (thanks Wit,,, see sig line), currently 2 koralia 2's and whimpy 150 gph PH for now. Sand is sitting here, LR (67lbs) on the way, I will add my 16lb of already cured rock from my 12.5 gal to it after tank is cycled.

TankfromBBpict.jpg

And we had to use 60 1 gal jugs of distilled water (no RO/DI and no LFS within 3 hours)... better than tap!!

Newtankwater.jpg

sambrinar

reef, gonna move all my goodies from the 12.5 to this, shut down the 12.5 and use it for a QT tank for my new inhabitants, then prolly use it for a frag tank

ZAPCOnj

WHOO HOO! New tank!! GL with this new set up brenda!

You should look in to the SCWD and Vortech MP20 set up i have for my 40 for this tank! It will clean up the display area and free up the lost space from the power heads! on top of that if you were to get the battery back up for the Vortech if you had a power outage your tank will still have flow for up to 30 hours!

now questions for you...

• Is the stand open under there or is there a dividing wall?
  • Got plans for a sump or Fuge?
  • When ya getting your other LED?
  • How much sand are you gonna put in there?
  • When is the rest of your rock scheduled to arrive?
  • and what kind of looks did you get when buying the 60gal of water? lol

I can't wait to see this tank get underway!

MatthewJ

and what kind of looks did you get when buying the 60gal of water? lol

If I was the cashier (and I didn't have a reef tank myself), I'd probably be wondering how distilled water is used in the making of meth:)

congrats on the new tank. I can't wait to see the live rock in there.

wazzifam

Yea for you!! Will be hanging on for the ride with you!
Only in Arizona can you get away with buying all that water without too much question!

sambrinar

Wow guys, thanks for checking out my chronicle :D... Hmmm let's see... some answers

WHOO HOO! New tank!! GL with this new set up brenda!

You should look in to the SCWD and Vortech MP20 set up i have for my 40 for this tank! It will clean up the display area and free up the lost space from the power heads! on top of that if you were to get the battery back up for the Vortech if you had a power outage your tank will still have flow for up to 30 hours! What is SCWD??

now questions for you...

• Is the stand open under there or is there a dividing wall? yes
  • Got plans for a sump or Fuge? I have a sump/fuge combo made out of a 10gal, we will see IF I can hook it up without making a mess
  • When ya getting your other LED? One of these days, I am gonna contact YOU so I can get the light made with T5's and the LEDs and moonlights if possible
  • How much sand are you gonna put in there? 2" deep
  • When is the rest of your rock scheduled to arrive? Checking on that now.. should be Wed or Friday
  • and what kind of looks did you get when buying the 60gal of water? lol Good question, My hubby bought all of it, said he had to do 2 trips, only 30 gals at a time would fit in the cart

I can't wait to see this tank get underway!

If I was the cashier (and I didn't have a reef tank myself), I'd probably be wondering how distilled water is used in the making of meth:)

congrats on the new tank. I can't wait to see the live rock in there.

Shhhh that is our Little secret :D

Cool! Any ideas as far as stocking in addition to the 12 gallon's stock?

So much tank.... So little money ;) I am trying not to get ahead of myself, patience, I keep reminding myself... So after it is cycled, I will start checking out new fishies... I really like the saddleback Butterfly, but they get big and I need to research it some more. I will keep you updated and as soon as I get the LR and drill, dowel and put it in the tank... more picts...

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Saddleback Butterflyfish

sambrinar

Water has been churning for 24 hours... sg 1.024...

Well this bites... I just contacted LA where I ordered my LR from and "because of the holidays the rock will not go out until NEXT Tuesday"... LR arrival will not be until Thursday Jan 8th. I am just a bit annoyed... But what can you do?? I guess just sit an look at my tank full of SW!!

I was thinking about putting 30lbs of sand in the bottom before the LR, what do you think??

sambrinar

No :) LOL ,,,, I like the glass unpainted, it actually brings more light into the tank. Besides, I am hoping to get coraline (eventually) growth back there to cover the cords

I could move my 2 wee fishes in there for a few days... JK.. boring watching the empty tank right in front of me