Saltwater Iphone app

bdcampbell3623

Hey guys i am making a free iPhone saltwater app and wanting to get suggestions on what people would like to see on the app its self, supplies forums, links to Reef Sanctuary, livestock, live rocks, corals, fish ect ect.

please let me know guys

lbiminiblue

well I imagine you'd enter the criteria on your phone and it chooses animals and corals based off that and shows a picture? I'm not so sure about thread links, they TEND to be direct, but lots of unnecessary stuff sometimes, not bad, but just not necessary some of the time. IDK.

DaveK

I think the best application for most people would be a livestock database which shows pictures of the fish or coral or invert and gives basic information on care and feeding. It's especially important to include livestock which almost always dies and should be left in the ocean.

lbiminiblue

yes, include compatibilities if possible. I would include very specific care instructions and feeding requirements as Dave said. Liveaquaria and other sites are pretty good at this, but aren't dedicated to it. Explaining why or wwhy not a fish is reef safe would be helpful too. Sounds like you have the makings for a great app!

bdcampbell3623

ok got it well I'm pretty good at making iPhone apps i had the number 2, and 7 medical app in the country this year but i am planing on doing this one for love of the reef lol, what kind of contests and prizes would y'all like to see in the app, and along with frag swaps ect ect

lbiminiblue

contests?? Probably potm contests, and if you enter an area you're located in, it tells you nearby MAS's and when their events are. I'm not familiar with app making, but can you list it as a free app and if so would you?

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I use the aquaplanner app to keep track of all the things I need to do in my tanks. Their livestock database is limited and only lists them, it's customizable, though.

bdcampbell3623

interesting well i plan on putting that into the app and yes it will be free 100% free
and blue i like what your thinking and ill prob put lfs locations also

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
A tank Volume/weight calculator would be handy too. DO you plan to make one for Android, or is this an Iphone only sorta deal.

Kovu

Maybe a calculator that has a conservative index for putting fish in the tank. Like how many fish or the size of the fish would be typed in and then a conservative size tank would be displayed.