rsm extra lighting

JoeBl0GGs

Yeap!!!!

I just attached them directly to the hood, but when I did I used some aluminium foil just under the bracket to tilt them a touch so the beams were spread all over the tank. Gave a great effect and extra light .

Never Looked Back!!!

:thumbup:

Symbiosis

Talking to my lfs guy today, he modded a tank with Aquarays and simply used pond silicone to attach to the lid. Just recommended keying the plastic before doing the job.

Keith

mattr69

I'm considering two options, but both replace the hood. What I really want is someone to make a new hood or mod the existing hood with something other than metal halide. I think I'm out of luck until Sunbrite make a Power Compact version of ther new LEDs.

ATI Powermodul upto 10x24w or Octopus only 4x24w but very cheap in Australia.

It is a shame Red Sea didn't think about modding when they made the 130. They should have made the tank 70cm wide to accommodate T5s.

indiozn

Hi Mr Fishy,

awesome mod, im based in South Africa. Have the stock standard Red Sea 130D. Running great for a few months, but looking at installing a canister filter this week.

Can u give me information on the extra lighting?

1. Where did u get it?
2. Is there specific colour i need for marine?
3. How is it mounted?
4. How do i run the cables and is the transformer etc outside the tank?
5. Is it linked to the timer or a new timer?

would really appreciate your help and pictures, even urls from places i can order from. We dont seem to have much luck in SA from the distributors in terms
of support.

Looking foward to a reply.

thanks

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

start a tank thread & share your tank with us :dance: