rsm extra lighting

mrfishy

hi folks
i have added an aquaray led light system to my rsm this gives great shimmer effect
cheers
drew

Attachments

• rsm 008_3.jpg
    rsm 008_3.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 1,273

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Very nice mrfishy! How many LEDs are in that strip? Have you got it on a separate power supply?

mrfishy

hi reefmack
there are 3 x reef blue and 2 x reef white led's
they are run off a seperate timer and power supply as i like these to come on half an hour early and stay on an extra half hour at night after the t5's have gone off
i think these led's have improved my coral growth and the shimmer looks very cool !!
cheers
drew

mrfishy

hi reefmack
just checked out your tank pics :colorful: :colorful: :colorful:
i have plenty of lps n softies and about to go onto sps
after seeing your tank i cannot wait to get started
cheers
drew

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
mrfishy - sounds good on the changes. If you could post an FTS of your tank in the FTS thread in the club forum here that would be great!

Full Tank RSM Photos

We love pictures!

And maybe set up a separate thread on yor tank - it sound like you've made a lot of good changes and we could track your changes to your tank.

mrfishy

hi arreola
looks like a good unit to me
if you are going to fit in the lid same as mine let me know and i will try to assist !!!
cheers
drew

Arreola

I'm just waiting on a bonus check to place an order.
I will definitely need of your assistance.
Thank youi
Arreola

mrfishy

hi
decided i could squeeeeeeeze another led strip to help the t5's !!!
will sort a thread on my tank in a few days
cheers
drew

Attachments

• IMG_4124_1.JPG
    IMG_4124_1.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,151

Dash10

MrFishy - Have you noticed an increase in temp as a result? I'm wanting to install a mod like this myself, but am worried about additional heat as I don't run a chiller. That and, haven't found any decent, comparable, relatively cost efficient products available in North America (yet :p).

Arreola - Have you seen those 'Current USA PowerBrite LED Lighting System, 4x1W 460nm Blue' in action? You've got me wondering about them now lol

P.S. I'm absolutely thrilled to have found the Red Sea Max Owners Club forum! Been an owner since Feb 08 myself.

Cheers!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
mrfishy - nice addition! A thread on your tank would be great.

Dash10 - :welcomera to Reef Sanctuary and the RSM Club forum as well - great to see another RSM owner find us! Lots of good information in the rest of Reef Sanctuary as well as in here. If you get a chance post a tank shot in the RSM FTS section.

FullTank RSM Photos

mrfishy

hi dash10
i don't know how you folk in canada and america cope without a chiller
before i put the new lights in i had problems with high temp as most do over here in uk, even though our summer didn't happen this year !!!!
maybe you all have ac in your houses ?
the led units produce very little heat but the fan in the back of the hood should take any increase away.
i am working on a vent within the front hood to deal with this just in case the 2nd led unit does have an effect
good job i picked up a 2nd hand rsm to try these things out !!!!!

Arreola

Dash10 - I haven't seen the Current light in action, But I guess is one of the main choices for this mod.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
mrfishy - in my case I now run a Current Outer Orbit Pro 150W MH/96 W T5 raised hood, and a dual cooling fan on the back lip. Between that and keeping the house at about 70F in the summer with the AC, I can keep the tank from getting above 80-81 in the summer. Lots of top off but I have an ATO to make that easier. No chiller here. I'd run the AC that low even with no tank - I'm not a hot weather person . :)

Symbiosis

Hi Drew,

How did you attach the lights to the hood? I was thinking of a strip of reef white and a strip of reef blue from the Aquaray range.

As far as lighting schedule is concerned:
stock led's 8am-11am 9pm-11pm
stock t5's 11am-9pm

Reef white 1pm-5pm
Reef blue 9am-11am 9pm-10.30pm

Does this sound about right?

Keith

JoeBl0GGs

Hi heres a pic of my max 130 with the stock lights including reefblue and marine white aquarays.

Attachments

• this one.JPG
    this one.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 604
  • this2.JPG
    this2.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 596

Whipitup

How did you fix them???........Are there any heat issues??......Can you come and do the same job for me???

:hug1:.....:p