Ro/di

snelly50

Snelly40 is my son. We are actually installing the unit in his garage. Got the shelving and trash cans this morning. I'll order the RO unit today and work on the PVC connections later this week. Time for some football now

IMG_1289_zpsf6b75a55.jpg

Snelly40

Thanks for all the help dad!!! Looking good already and the rest shoukdnt be too bad and soon good clean unlimited water hahaha

snelly50

what's the size and name of the external pumps on ur setups ? We are thinking of using a submersible pump for circulating the water and to pump out the SW too. Any ideas ? Order the BRS 5 stage. Should be here right after Christmas. The water hook is right behind the unit do it should be an easy connection. You can see the hole left by my son's dog…… ur right….. it's not a chihuahua

snelly50

Do you guys use the Uniseals from BRS? They look pretty cool ? After looking at all the setups I decided to go with the external pump also. Thanks for all you help and info.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Do you guys use the Uniseals from BRS? They look pretty cool ? After looking at all the setups I decided to go with the external pump also. Thanks for all you help and info.

Yes. I used the BRS uniseals and they are easy to install, don't leak and work great on a rounded surface like a barrel.

Snelly40

hey guys, quick question.... we will be having the external pump to pump out saltwater when needed and to circulate the salt water in the jug to help with the mixing. Is it necessary to add an air stone in their as well, I was thinking if there is enough surface tension it wouldn't be needed and lastly in the 30 gallon reservoir with the ambient temp this time of year being pretty cold in the garage I was thinking of about a 300 watt heater... overkill? not enough? thoughts?
and any other mixing expertise will be greatly welcomed haha, ive never mixed my own before. I am leaing towards brightwell salt mix

Choff

Hi snelly, what I do is keep the water level in my container below the return line from the pump to create turbulence. I mix at a slightly higher salinity level and then right before I do my WC I add a little bit of Rodi to the salt mix to bring it to the correct salinity level.

As for the heater temp variance from the room to desired temp plays busy as much a factor as the volume of water. I don't think 300w would be overkill, but there are calculators out there that you can input both variables to size the heater.

...stupid auto correct

ziggy

hey guys, quick question.... we will be having the external pump to pump out saltwater when needed and to circulate the salt water in the jug to help with the mixing. Is it necessary to add an air stone in their as well, I was thinking if there is enough surface tension it wouldn't be needed and lastly in the 30 gallon reservoir with the ambient temp this time of year being pretty cold in the garage I was thinking of about a 300 watt heater... overkill? not enough? thoughts?
and any other mixing expertise will be greatly welcomed haha, ive never mixed my own before. I am leaing towards brightwell salt mix

No. Having the pump/water agitation on the surface is fine for oxygenation and a stone is not needed.

Snelly40

salt mix thread is 6 years long... good reviews on a few. was thinking about neomarine but now for cost and your reviews IO reef crystals seems great as well as seachem reef salt...

Snelly40

ok, we went with brightwell neomarine and the unit is all but in, just need about an hour to seal the pvc and she'll but up and running.. pics will follow on sunday

Snelly40

Still got some cleaning up to do, but made 25 gallons today and have 20 gallons mixing now!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    467.5 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    496.1 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    738.7 KB · Views: 9

Snelly40

Can't see the top in these but I'll take more, it's gravity fed and working great!! Thanks so much for everyone's help, especially snelly50 haha thanks dad