Ro/di

Didn't know he had a system. Looking it up now :wave:

Edit:

Okay.... yeah they look nice for the money. He has or they... have left out the TDS meters and flush bypass valves that seem common these days on the cheaper model. Can always be added later for sure. Not sure I'd buy the high end model as that's getting close to SpectraPure price or at the very least BRS/Air Water Ice territory (Typhoon).

That guy has great info on his site for sure!

snelly50

Yea I like his site a lot. I used it when I attempted to built my own sump .... It failed miserably. The BRS looks great and ur right about the TDS meter and flush bypass. I'm comparing the Spectrapure too

snelly50

Ok I'm going with the BRS 5 Stage systems…it looks great. I'm trying to locate food grade containers. 32 gal I think are about the right size. It will be supporting 2 tanks…. a 125 and a 50 gal. Do you think 32 gal would be big enough? One for fresh water and one for mixing salt water ?

I appreciate all ur support and help here

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
That should be big enough, look at the Brute gray trash cans at Lowe's or Home Depot that are 30 or 32 gallons.

snelly50

I was gonna post a pic of a water change system that I'm going to try to duplicate....when I realized it was "Goma's" setup. Lol. Looks nice

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
LOL, let me know if you need any help or better pictures. It is easy to setup and works great.

lcstorc

When dealing with a setup such as this one thing we have found to be very helpful is gravity. We have larger containers so it takes more room but requires very little effort for water changes. Here is a picture of my set-up. It looks far more intimidating than it is. The top tank is RO/DI and the bottom is salt. With the turn of a valve or two we can mix salt or fill the tank during a water change or use the fresh for top-offs. No reason I can think of that you couldn't do the same on a smaller scale with the trash cans just build a platform for the top container. The only pump we use is the mixing pump in the saltwater tank.
2008-05-14108.jpg

kyle4201

20130808_211538_zps864560c2.jpg
20130808_211628_zps61d5b8e8.jpg
20130808_211635_zps633e0cc9.jpg

yep,,brs 5 4 me also. And everything I have is gravity fed. RO/DI on top, fill valve to my mixing can and a fresh water hose on the side for whatever I need it for. Very easy set up and cant go wrong with gravity.

snelly50

I'm basically going to copy lcstorc's system but with 32 gallon Brute trash cans. Gravity feed is the easy way to go I think. Buying the shovels, trash can, and PVC in the morning. Thanks for all the advice. I'll post pics after