reefkeeper elite

cioutlaw

Anyone using one? I just recieved mine yesterday, not on the tank yet but have played with it some. So far it looks pretty cool!

jski711

I hate to say it but i have the reefkeeper 2 and have had nothing but problems with it, the ph monitor has never worked. i sent it out, DA had the thing for months they sent it back and it worked for a few weeks and then it was back to the same problem. they have horrible customer service and i personally would never buy another DA product again. this may be an isolated incident but it was enough BS to make me dislike them this much. very poor customer service.

Jake

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I have a RK, RK2, and an AquaController III.
All have worked perfect for me and I've not had any issues.
I saw the Elite model and it looks very nice.

Phyxius has a Reefkeeper Elite. Maybe he can chime in...

Phyxius

Doni asked to chime in :)

I have owned all 3 of the RK products the RK, RKII and used them for over 3 yrs and loved them and never had a problem with them. They pretty much controlled every aspect of my tank except the ATO and PH control as I have separate controllers for that.

When I set up my 210g I admit I had to have the new toy the RKE to go along with it and after having the others I admit it was a little intimidating using it at first. In fact I actually kept one of my RKIIs on my 210g running some stuff till I hooked the Elite up and knew it was programmed right. There was a lot more menus and programing options to get into that were not there before. You also had to "Turn On" every plug before they could be used in the menus and then set them all up which was new. I was used to just saying make it a light or a pump or this and bam it did it. The RKE had many more options to choose from and what you wanted it to do first before using that actual plug. There were some issues with first software issues with the unit but none of the problems effected anything on my tank but you will want to flash yours to the 1.07 update anyway.
Once I got mine all set up and really learned how to use it I really was glad I bought it. It really has a bunch more capabilities over the old units, the abilities to warn you if something goes out of whack with settable alarms, graphing, controllers, can control way more items just by daisy chaining PC4s and other items. You can change the display to show you any of the units many items it is monitoring as well as the current condition of any of the individual plugs on the PC4. Its a very informative unit over the older ones and very upgradeable over the older ones. You can add modules to add new things as you like from DA as they become available in the future

You will like it once you get it controlling the tank.

I even framed mine :)

100_3454Small.jpg

cioutlaw

Doni asked to chime in :)

I have owned all 3 of the RK products the RK, RKII and used them for over 3 yrs and loved them and never had a problem with them. They pretty much controlled every aspect of my tank except the ATO and PH control as I have separate controllers for that.

When I set up my 210g I admit I had to have the new toy the RKE to go along with it and after having the others I admit it was a little intimidating using it at first. In fact I actually kept one of my RKIIs on my 210g running some stuff till I hooked the Elite up and knew it was programmed right. There was a lot more menus and programing options to get into that were not there before. You also had to "Turn On" every plug before they could be used in the menus and then set them all up which was new. I was used to just saying make it a light or a pump or this and bam it did it. The RKE had many more options to choose from and what you wanted it to do first before using that actual plug. There were some issues with first software issues with the unit but none of the problems effected anything on my tank but you will want to flash yours to the 1.07 update anyway.
Once I got mine all set up and really learned how to use it I really was glad I bought it. It really has a bunch more capabilities over the old units, the abilities to warn you if something goes out of whack with settable alarms, graphing, controllers, can control way more items just by daisy chaining PC4s and other items. You can change the display to show you any of the units many items it is monitoring as well as the current condition of any of the individual plugs on the PC4. Its a very informative unit over the older ones and very upgradeable over the older ones. You can add modules to add new things as you like from DA as they become available in the future

You will like it once you get it controlling the tank.

I even framed mine :)

100_3454Small.jpg

I upgraded from a pinpoint ph controller & a bunche of light timers so it is intimidating which is why i hooked up lamps & blowdriers ect. & played with it some first. Im going to hook it up to the tank this weekend. I have watched the reveiws & waited till alll the bugs were worked out before I bought in. It came already upgraded to the 1.07 & think I read where there is another update... 1.09 maybe? Looks great how you have it mounted. Thanks for the reveiw:thumbup:

jski711

Well hopefully i just had bad luck, but their customer service was the worst i've ever had to deal with. good luck, it looks way cooler than than my unit.

Jake

Phyxius

I upgraded from a pinpoint ph controller & a bunche of light timers so it is intimidating which is why i hooked up lamps & blowdriers ect. & played with it some first. Im going to hook it up to the tank this weekend. I have watched the reveiws & waited till alll the bugs were worked out before I bought in. It came already upgraded to the 1.07 & think I read where there is another update... 1.09 maybe? Looks great how you have it mounted. Thanks for the reveiw:thumbup:

No problem on the review :)

That frame was actually easy to make and opens up with 2 screws and the RK slides out to the right. I never had to cut the tabs off it since the frame has a back to it. Its even attached to the stand with Velcro so I can just take it off to program it. The cable runs through a small hole in the back and up the back between the velcro strips and then along the stand trim. You can barely make it out in the upper right corner. I didnt want to drill any holes in my stand but wanted a nicer mounting option :)

cioutlaw

Well hopefully i just had bad luck, but their customer service was the worst i've ever had to deal with. good luck, it looks way cooler than than my unit.

Jake

Ive heard mixed reviews on DA customer service. I think they released the Elite way to early, if you go to thier forum people were having all kinds of problems & sometimes were having problems getting attention from DA.

jski711

Ya I think I got a bad unit from the get go and have been plagued by the same problem since I bought the thing. I got it primarily for the ph control and that's never worked. So I basically bought a really expensive timer!!! Oh well, im glad to hear nobody else has had the same problem though.

Jake

cioutlaw

Ya I think I got a bad unit from the get go and have been plagued by the same problem since I bought the thing. I got it primarily for the ph control and that's never worked. So I basically bought a really expensive timer!!! Oh well, im glad to hear nobody else has had the same problem though.

Jake

If you just want a nice PH controller the Pinpoint unit does a great job. Only reason I changed is I got my Pinpoint wet 1 too many times & wanted to rid of all the multible timers.