Reef Tech overflow box info please. :)

Rhodes19

Hi All,

Has anyone used a Reef Tech overflow box? I just picked one up and there are 3 hose connections on the bottom of the outside box. The first one is a 1" barb for draining into the sump the other two look to be 1/4" barbs but I have no idea what they are for? If anyone knows what they are for or how to hook them up please let me know. I'll post some pics tonight when I get home.

I've already searched the web but came up empty. The label on the overflow says:
Reef Tech
6908 Cole St
Arvada, CO 80004
ph 303 422 3882

I've called the number but its not in service. Any information is appreciated.

Thanks.

I'd think the two 1/4" barbs would be for feeding things like a calcium reactor or a phos-ban reactor. A picture would help though.

Rhodes19

Here are the pics I took last night. I also noticed that there was no prefilter in the outer box like I have seen on other overflow boxes.

overflowbox1.jpg

overflowbox2.jpg

overflowbox3.jpg

overflowbox4.jpg

overflowbox5.jpg

I think what I'll do is to cap off the open 1/4" barb or connect the 2 with a 1/4" tube. I picked up some parts last night to hook it up but didn't get to it. I should have some time to night to play with it.. :)

Yea, to me it looks like that's what it's for. Feeding some sort of reactor. It's either that or an extra tube for pods to swim through or somethin. LOL