Reef fanatic ballast

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Well had to make some quick connects for the Icecap ballast since the wires were just too short, thank goodness the wire for my LumenArc is 6' long otherwise I would've had to place the ballast on my canopy.

161_6149.jpg

One thing I notice there's definitely no overdriving going on anymore, what a difference in intensity. Now I know why the bulbs on the HQI ballasts have better PAR #'s.

161_6161.jpg

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Now I placed the Ballast next near the controller for my heater, will there be any problems ? I know they can mess with controllers what about other equipment ?

One of the reasons why I went with Icecap is their 3 year warranty on parts and labor unlike my reeffanatic ballast :drool:

Rougiem

Ichthy Inquisitor
PREMIUM
Bummer Cheeks...Looks like your getting a handle on the situation...One positive I see from this...when things go wrong...I always learn the most and become better informed!...but the hassle is not fun though! :)

Cheers!

bluespotjawfish

Boy, hopefully you are over these problems. Not any fun! You'd think Icecap would have figured out that their wires are too short. I've had mine for 8 years and had the same problem back then.