red slime or pink coralline?

brackish10

he algea seems to have more of a pink tint and isnt growing in "dead" spots, but is instead growing in high flow areas on my tank wall, substrate, rocks and even on the soap dish that holds my cheato. i dont know wether to stress i as red slime or be elated that its coralline.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
If you can take a turkey baster & blown it off... it's cyano

but even if it is... you can whip it, everyone had it at onetime, usually related to overfeeding

brackish10

I'll try that in the morning. i don't have fish, i just blanket feed the reef chili d every other day. monday wednesday and friday. i have 3 palys rocks and 1 Gsp. and a coral banded shrimp. my peppermint shrimp is mia

brackish10

CAM01075.jpg
CAM01074.jpg

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Those corals will do fine without feeding if you're light is decent. I'd hold off on feeding the reef chili. That will add a lot of unnecessary nutrients to your tank.

SantaMonica

PREMIUM
It's algae, not coralline. You need a stronger, continuous export of nutrients. And your biofilter is getting plenty from the pee from the animals (that's why you will always have to clean the glass, because the pee hits the glass before it gets to any filter).