Red Sea Monster 2000L+ in-Wall System

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
Very cool Juan. I haven't seen that hatchery before. Neat concept.

....Color by Technicolor....

jpsika08

Ok, here are the new comers:

Meet Yo and Yo both are Yo-Yo team:

First, I used my acclimate XL and poured them in there with LFS water.
Applied three drops of Methylene blue and waited 45 minutes on this stage waiting for water to clear up.
After this, I re dosed another 3 drops of the stuff and waited another 45 mins.

Total Acclimatisation time was hour and a half.

DISCLAIMER:
All fish must go into QT, The Mandarins contain a thick mucus on their body which basically makes them immune to Cryptocrayon.
Though, if you plan getting this fish in your aquarium, it would be wise to first QT them at least a week or two to make them eat and increase their defensive system and reestablish the mucus.
I could do this as they are the only fish around, so all feeding made is for them.

On to the pics:
6e8aecde.jpg

1e1186d2.jpg

cf10ec54.jpg

DSC_7062.jpg

DSC_7075.jpg

Feeding station is done and working like a charm!
Also, Copepod hotel is establish, inserted copepods and placed on the rear rocks of my DT, working like a charm too! you can see the little crits going out and in of it. :)
Lastly, all this food here is for the Mandarins only, the freaking food was much more expensive than the actual fish but who cares.
6b342493.jpg

As of now I have seen them pick at the rocks, sand and in the air catching brine shrimp, artic pods and copepods, so feeding has commence.

BTW, as I got them coming in from the plane! not even in the LFS's tanks, we (LFS friend and I) were almost sure one was male and the other female, well, nooo, both are males and having a MACHO to MACHO contest right now.

jpsika08

Done DEAL!

Both fish were somewhat fighting in a corner (LUCKY ME), without them noticing I quickly introduced my big net and remove one Mandaring off the tank, placed him in QT and waiting for a friend which is coming right now to take him to a well established tank :D

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
You're welcome Juan. I didn't want to give you bad news, but better than losing one or both fish killing each other. At one of my LFS someone mistakenly added a group of Mandarins to a smaller store tank. The little guys really were tearing each other up, and it was horrible to see. Any way to separate them?

jpsika08

Thanks Terry, already did! managed to remove one just now, it was a lucky shot and made it.

Must be record breaking in fish removal hahahaha.

dmatt88

So buddy u sticking with dosing or going back to simple ways. Mmmmmm simple.

.......thanks for listening.

sk8rdn

Nice mandarin(s) Juan! I love my little female... So much fun to watch!

jpsika08

So buddy u sticking with dosing or going back to simple ways. Mmmmmm simple.

.......thanks for listening.

I think I may go back to dosing, a brave man always ventures to the confines of hell, even if it means dying again LOL

Nice mandarin(s) Juan! I love my little female... So much fun to watch!

Thanks Bill, indeed he is a very beautiful animal, I'm really happy with him, first fish for me in almost six months :)

BTW, got two damsels, each one in a QT, testing the waters, so far they are doing great.

ChrisY

I am planning on adding an ORA mandarin soon. Any words of wisdom. This will be my last fish if I get it. you can see the rest in my sig.

byronredsea

Ok ill give you some low down here dont kill your pods that are in you filter sock turn your sock inside out to get them out each week i get 10/20 out of mine

tnwillia

+1^... Hey Cris, don't think he will eat other than Pods just cause ORA says they will. I've read several posts elsewhere with people dealing with dead or dying ORA Mandrains cause they had no pod population. They are all different, I hope your does, just don't bet on it. Good luck with him!

ChrisY

Thanks Tom and Jason.

Actually I dont have filter socks. I have an AIO RSM tank. I have stocked the tank with live tigger pods a couple months ago and at night see verious larger varieties of pods all over the place as well.

If/when I go for ir, I appreciate the good wishes. i think I will tell the LFS to get one on and QT is and see how it eats before I buy it.

I know they have some in their own tanks that are not for sale that eat frozen well in addition to live pods.