Red Sea Max Full Tank Shot Photos

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Good job on keeping the contents alive! If all you lost was coralline that's no loss LOL! I kinda like the new look. The office sure looks different than the old one.

StevieT

RS Sponsor
The bad part of all of this is the tank isn't in my office! It is on the other side of our bilding in an entry way and office of some coworkers. So I have to visit my tank.

Instead of seeing it 14 hours a day, I now see it for maybe 30 mins if I am lucky. I am in the process of purchasing a home otherwise it would have gone there.

The new unofficial name is entryway max, apparently it is not qualified for office max anymore :(

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Well that is certainly sad news! I suppose water changes will be more difficult too? It sounds like the coworkers in that area got a better deal than you did - they get to see the tank a lot more than you do.

StevieT

RS Sponsor
water changes will be about the same but I do have to make my own RO/DI water now. The tank is on a tile floor instead of carpet so I do not have to worry as much about spilling.

StevieT

RS Sponsor
IMG_9941.jpg

IMG_9942.jpg

IMG_9943.jpg

IMG_9946.jpg

IMG_9948.jpg

IMG_9951.jpg

IMG_9952.jpg

IMG_9954.jpg

IMG_9957.jpg

IMG_9956.jpg

IMG_9958.jpg

IMG_9962.jpg

IMG_9964.jpg

IMG_9967.jpg

IMG_9970.jpg

IMG_9971.jpg

IMG_9973.jpg

IMG_9976.jpg

IMG_9977.jpg

IMG_9978.jpg

IMG_9979.jpg

IMG_9980.jpg

IMG_9981.jpg

IMG_9985.jpg

IMG_9987.jpg

IMG_9989.jpg

IMG_9991.jpg

IMG_9992.jpg

IMG_9993.jpg

IMG_9994.jpg

IMG_9995.jpg

IMG_9999.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

Sapphire

looking great! Love that clam and your ricordia particularly!

awesome phots of the mandarin too... they just have sooo much character

How do you find the coral beauty with the mandarin as far as competition for pods etc is concerned? Just wondering because we got rid of our flame angel because we were worried that the mandarin wouldn't get a look in (turns out he eat frozen etc now anyway! we also have a pod ank to breed extra)

StevieT

RS Sponsor
Thank you. Some of the corals still need to open up and I really miss the coralline all over the rocks.

I don't worry about pod populations in my tank as food for the mandarin. I have him trained to eat frozen food and that is his main diet. In such a small tank it would be hard to keep the mandarin alive especially with the coral beauty. The CB sill steals some of the mandarins food but they all get their fill.

I feed the main fish first in the front then the Mandarin in one of the rear corners.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
StevieT - It looks like you did a great job keeping the fish, corals and inverts in great shape during the moving process! That is one big hermit in the first picture! I had an electric blue hermit get about that big and he kept taking down my big, healthy turbos - no problems with yours depleting the snails?

Are the "hood ornaments" yours, or deposited by co-workers? :)

StevieT

RS Sponsor
The clown fish is mine but it wasn't put there by me. It showed up one day... the other thing showed up yesterday, I have no idea where it came from. It did make me laugh when I saw it, hope the light doesn't melt the rubber/plastic.

I have not had too many problems with my huge ass idiot hermits killing snails. I think they killed one turbo for the shell, I can't prove it but it would be a good guess.

I do keep a fully stocked inventory of shells for them to change into.

They seem to change every 3-4 months but I have a good selection of sizes. Right now the largest one is in a huge contch shell, which adds to its overall size.

I think he is just trying to impress the ladies. The office girls are impressed and it is working.

One was eating a damaged and dead part of my large purple monti today. So they do serve a purpose. He did a nice job his reward will be rods food tomorrow.

I took a lot of pictures of my move and will post them here on a seperate thread, it should give others an idea of the undertaking a tank move actually is.

Hope all is well with you RM.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I wouldn't worry about the "ornaments" melting. If your hood is like mine the top only gets slightly warm. All is well here.

TonyV

My never ending aqua scape adventure.

Before...

Before.jpg

After...

After.jpg

I added 1 additional rock and flipped over another one. I think I might need one additional piece to get me higher up in the tank as I am currently sitting about the 1/2 way mark. I wish my rocks were still that clean. :)

TonyV

Looking good, how do you like that fungia?

It's pretty cool when the tentacles come out. Other than that it just sits there and get puffy when it eats. I am looking to put together a tank that has movement so I going to go with a predominantly softie theme.

Thanks for the kudos.

masmedic

Masmedic's Red Sea Max

Been set up since 7/08. Upgraded lights to Current Usa outer orbit pro with 250w Hqi and T5HO. Added Koralia 1. Other than that it's stock. Considering adding a sump and Vortech MP20!

Currently battling hair algae, cyano, and aiptasia!

4-21-09002.jpg

4-21-09003.jpg

4-21-09008.jpg

4-21-09009.jpg

4-21-09010.jpg

4-21-09011.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Looks good! How do you like the 250W? I have the 150W version. HA can be a real PITA. You could try scraping it off the back but be sure to run a filter pad and be ready to rinse it off a few times. Are your nitrates high? If not it could be that the HA is consuming them.