RBTA food

winschuc

What is everyone feeding their nems and how often? I've been using Larry's Reef frenzy (similar to rods) twice a week, but I'm not sure it's enough.

frisbee

I used to feed my RBTA small bay shrimp I would get at the supermarket. (cooked) It was fed about once every 10-14 days or so.

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I feed mine every 6 days with pieces of raw uncooked shrimp, scallop, fish alternating each time.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Thanks everyone. I think I'm going to go with the raw shrimp idea. Hopefully it works out.

Good work guys. I'll just add that nems don't need to be fed very often.....once a week is max in my book (just my book :)). I also feed larry's and usually feed the nem when I get a bigger chunk of food. Not to mention, but they do a great job of grabbing anything that is floating around so they are always eating especially if you're feeding Larry's

Mr.Reeefer

Hi Mate,

I have had a nem for 2.5 months now, I feed mine raw prawn the size of half my pinkie finger nail almost every day to every second day! It loves it! In the two months mine has doubled in size, which I find weird as everyone posted above feeds there's much much less than I do.

I notice with mine all the tentacles shrivel up very thin if I haven't fed it recently, then I give it the prawn, it closes up and eats it, then it opens right up and spreads itself out with nice swollen tentacles and the little purple dots on the tips of the tentacles really brighten up.

I'll just add, if mine isn't hungry and I try to feed it, it just won't grab the food, or it will grab it and release it. Then Generally my fish will finish it off or I remove it

Good luck and take care!!