Question of the week: June 11, 2012

SaltyChick

im gonna go against the current here and say the hardest fish ive owned was my eel. cost me a lot of money in damages. had me up all night worrying he was going to eat my other fish. then when i transfered him to his own tank he jumped a week later when i wasnt home and died.

fishguy4

im gonna go against the current here and say the hardest fish ive owned was my eel. cost me a lot of money in damages. had me up all night worrying he was going to eat my other fish. then when i transfered him to his own tank he jumped a week later when i wasnt home and died.

wow that sucks. what kind of eel was it?

SaltyChick

snowflake. first he ate my clown goby, then my firefish, then killed but didnt eat one of my blue chromis and a tile fish i owned for about an hour.
i do have to say though...as much as a PITA he was. i cried when he died. he was my favorite which is why i put up with all of his nonsense

Last edited:

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
Snowflake eel; it escaped on me three times, hunted down my snails, and always seemed to go missing in my tank. It was also the first to die in my tank crash last March... :(

Oxylebius

My snowflake was challenging to keep in the aquarium as well. It eventually ate my clownfish and escaped into my sump a number of times. Once it made it out of the sump and behind the tank base, it was covered in dust bunnies, but amazingly it was still alive, even as dried up as it was. I placed it back in the tank and it survived.

dking1813

i have heard many people say green chromis like have 12 may keep 3. me personally have had no problems with t hem i bought 6 have 6 a couple months in. i cant keep a firefish either find it have eaten on the bottom or in the living room floor. either way still dead.

reeferman

what happens with chromis is they always pick on one member of the school.when the bullied fish dies,they pick on a different one and it continues until theres just one left.i had a school of 12 in my rsm for a couple years and over time they have whittled down to the one thats in my 120 now.
ive got a copperband now that is picking at the rocks and getting comfortable,lets hope it doesnt take a liking to corals this time around.

lbiminiblue

snowflake. first he ate my clown goby, then my firefish, then killed but didnt eat one of my blue chromis and a tile fish i owned for about an hour.
i do have to say though...as much as a PITA he was. i cried when he died. he was my favorite which is why i put up with all of his nonsense

mine gave me a heart attack when he swam up the return pipe.

lbiminiblue

what happens with chromis is they always pick on one member of the school.when the bullied fish dies,they pick on a different one and it continues until theres just one left.i had a school of 12 in my rsm for a couple years and over time they have whittled down to the one thats in my 120 now.
ive got a copperband now that is picking at the rocks and getting comfortable,lets hope it doesnt take a liking to corals this time around.

i caught 6 tangs and ended up with one superalphamale who outlived the rest. :/