Question of the week: June 11, 2012

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
The "Question of the week" for this week is:

IMG_5697copy.jpg

Mystery Wrasse
by Reefltx

What is the hardest fish to keep that you've personally experienced? Tell us about the fish and what exactly makes it so hard for you to keep it in your aquarium.

engineer goby

Has been struck by the ban stick
Green Chromis. I have tried them multiple times and they always end up as crab food. I have no idea what the issue is but the end result is always the same.

dmatt88

Green Chromis. I have tried them multiple times and they always end up as crab food. I have no idea what the issue is but the end result is always the same.

Good call. They didn't first come to.mind but I gotta agree.

....... I'm Matt n im a reefaholic.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Ahh very good one Reggie. They are such a BEAUTIFUL fish but can be very tough to keep long-term.

StirCrayzy

Before i was familiar with stocking limits...
i had three different occasions of finding dead triggers stuck in the rockwork.
For some reason they get in then get stuck backing out.
I will try another when i upgrade to bigger tank and open up the rocks.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Josh that sucks! Man that blows!!

Hopefully you'll have a LOT better luck the next round. :thumber:

lethal

I have trouble with ground dwelling fish such as a scooter blenny and sleeper gobies. Maybe there just wasn't enough food for them but i'm reluctant to try these again.

BLADEYAMAHA

I have good luck with tangs and even had great luck with my Copperband Butterfly Fish(it had plenty of amphipods to eat in my system, not sure where they came from), till "I" messed up accidentally, I have found jumpers like hawkfish and gobies to be my problem area.

BLADEYAMAHA

My first fish was a Yellow Hawaiin Tang I bought because it was already sickly in a Petco's store system and mixed fresh saltwater on a brand new system with a HOT Magnum Pro and 3 pieces of live rock and no sand and this fish lived through the whole 6 week process of the tank cycling but I used SeaChem's bacteria supplement the whole 6 weeks. The reason this tank got set up this way is because I was broke, but I think the Tang had better chance in my tank than Petco's.----Crazy way of me setting my first tank up 8 years ago.