• Tunze

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • PowerSweep

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • powerheads, they all stink~

Votes: 7 8.4%

• Total voters

Witfull

alot of talk about powerheads lately, so lets put it to a vote.

what the best powerhead? and why~

Warnberg

Tunze, lasts forever, easy to find replacable parts (if needed), controllable, efficiant.....

Yeah I like my tunze's... went thru lots of others before I got mine. Should have just went out and bought them in the first place then I could have saved about the price of the tunze's....

Dragon Wrasse

Maxi-jets....I don't know if you can get spare parts for them?? because I never had to look for spare parts...LOL..... :)

Warnberg

Easy there dragon... I haven't ever needed any spare parts either and mine have been running for about a year now with no issues...

Dragon Wrasse

Its all good....just checking peoples loyalty to thier equipment, I would never say anything bad about something I never used or had exsperiance with. :)

Dragon Wrasse

Warnberg said:
Besides I just love the mag mounts for the Tunze's.....
That is cool....I had to hang my maxi's, with the hangers that came with them which was not easy on a acrylic tank.......the suction cups only lasted a few months....I hate suction cups.....they suck (I should say, they don't suck) LOL

Little Luey

I agree with the suction cups not lasting. I only had
1 rio
2 quiet ones
4 maxijets

the only one I did not like was the Rio.

Charlie97L

I have 4 maxijets 1200s with the Tunze Stream like mod kit, and i really like them... and the guy who makes the kits is releaseing a mag mount as well. so should be good. but i'm a n00b. on bigger tanks, i just don't think maxijets cut it, they are juuuust good enough for my 58.

oldsaint

Tunze for me. Larger flow pattern, controlled flow, night mode operation. I do have a few MJs and never had an issue with them.

Gina

RS STAFF
I voted Maxi-jets. I will admit though that it's one of the leading ph's my lfs sells but, they have proven to be dependable. I have never tried the Tunze and now with a closed loop probably will not have a need to.
I did try the power sweeps once and after about a month it starting sticking.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
I like Hagen and maxijets, excellent quality IMO/E. I use Seio and although they put out some flow not the best quality but much better then the Rios.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Remember folks that you can super glue your PH onto a magfloat and place it anywhere you want! I have done this with great success!

herb

i have used several power heads over time, and so far i find the maxi-jets to be the best. i run the hydro-flo on the outputs!

herb

Last edited: