power heads

blue_eyes53813

I have a seio and the only complaint I would have is that It needs to be cleaned weekly.. It has open vents on each side and front and it sucks in alot of junk like food or sand... I forgot to clean it and it clogged up and broke the impellor... But otherwise they are good.

Adnuces

I find that they are difficult to start and need a shake or two to get going, but once they are going they move a lot of water over a large area so you don't have concentrated flow per se. I have two of the 820's on my 75 and they provide a lot of movement.

oldsaint

Sieos are nice. I have a M1500 in my 180. The only complaint I have is they are a constant stream and from my understanding they can't be hooked up to a wave maker. IMO the Tunze streams are the way to go. A little pricy but worth it.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Maxi-jets
thumb.gif

Witfull

i have maxi's hooked up to a wavemaker, i still have the original maxi's from my 125 that was started back in 1992. they have withstood years of 30 second pulses and not a failure yet. i havent even had to change an impellor~

fidojoe

Fish Addict
I agree, maxijets are great I use 4 on a wavemaker, and one on my kalk reactor. The only time I've ever had an issue with them is when the impeller starts to break down on my kalk reactor.

I have used a seio 620 also. Its a good little pump, but I think that maxijets are better simply because of reliability.

Shells

I've used Seio's but i do not like them. Once i turned them off, they
were a pain to start backup.

I have Maxi's!! (4) I love them. I dont have them on a wavemaker, yet
anyway. :)

SueT

maxi-jets here too. I have 4 from back when I started this 120g. tank. They are still kicking and not once a problem.