Post your RSM 250 Mods Here!

Holy picture quote batman!

No pics for me, but I just added a hydor flow outlet to the right hand pump. Easy to install, just had to pop the standard adjustable direction nozzle off the housing, them fit the correct sized adapter to the hydor flow

jonoz

Taken from my over at http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/59831-red-sea-max-250-what-has-changed-since-release.html

Re. Max250 Skimmer overflow. (Note – only few units from first production run were effected and the skimmer collection cup is now modified as per the drawing). Red Sea have had a few isolated reports of Max250 skimmer collection cups overflowing. It can only happen under conditions of extreme over-skimming. After analyzing the situation the problem is in fact with the collection cup and we immediately implemented a modification on the collection cup that will allow a free flow of water back to the filter section of the aquarium in the event of serious over-skimming. If anyone has the old version cup we recommend the user to drill a small hole in the collection cup according to the picture to resolve the potential issue.

M250CCoverflowslot.jpg

Installed New Lights the other day. I'm using an Aqua Medic Ocean Light T5 Combo • 36" 2 x 250W plus 2 x 39W T5.

I'll try to post some pictures soon!

_DSC2259.jpg

Max250

Yes, nice hat tom :) When you sit and watch your tank do you sit with the room lights dimmed/off? If I get a MH upgrade I'd like them on legs and not suspended, but I don't want to see the light shining through the space between the top of the tank and the light fixture.

I wonder how bodyguard will deal with that.

tnwillia

Hey Max, I watch in a dark room most of the time. My tank is in my dining room which has become more tank room.

At one time I think Terry had an acrylic light shield just across his front using velcro but I might be wrong about that. Pretty sure his hood is on legs. That is where I got the idea to use black acrylic 1/8" sheet. Good luck!

FCatCH76

So, I decided to get a sump/ refugium into my RSM250 and thought I would share with all you guys. I was going to go with a lifereef setup but figured I coul do it cheaper with more options. Well 2 weeks of getting the parts and a savings of more than $400 dollars:

IMG_2999.jpg

IMG_3002.jpg

IMG_3000.jpg

The blue tube is to the Next Reef Phospate reactor with Purigen and Phosban
IMG_2993.jpg

IMG_2994.jpg

IMG_2995.jpg

Pre-measured calcium syringes for quick dosing.
IMG_2997.jpg

IMG_2998.jpg

kyley

Thanks for sharing! Fuge is next on my list - but may be awhile... I don't think I have the guts to build my own (afraid I'd mess something up and have a big leak). Did you build the fuge box itself or just everything to connect it, etc.? Take care,
--Kyle

FCatCH76

Thanks for sharing! Fuge is next on my list - but may be awhile... I don't think I have the guts to build my own (afraid I'd mess something up and have a big leak). Did you build the fuge box itself or just everything to connect it, etc.? Take care,
--Kyle

The sump/ fuge and skimmer are made by precision marine and its good stuff, the skimmer was producing after three days. I just put together the plumbing and the putting the pieces together.

FCatCH76

Forgot a picture, I drilled a hole through the shelf so I could keep a shelf. Under the shelf and above the Mag 7 pump, I installed a valve to make water cnahges easier and less invasive to the fish ( you know keep your hands out of the water..lol). I attach a hose to the gray barb fitting, open the valve and voila...water.

IMG_2996.jpg