Poriferan's New 130d Set up

Poriferan

Just seen your Sun Coral photo.

I'ts a lovely looking Sun Coral, I’m still trying to persuade me to open fully.

I could not get mine to open with the lights on. I wait until 30 mins after the lights go out and they are open an fully extended. Then I feed them a variety of foods and fight off the cleaner shrimp until they are finished.

I moved them into my 85 yesterday and placed them in a dark area. Some of the polyps opened during the day in this shaded area. I am going to try and "persuade" them to open before lights out for the next few weeks.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Charles - I just read about your job situation in your 375 thread. I hope you can find something good before the deadline. No one can convince me that the economy has gotten any better. :( But, we're not allowed to discuss politics, so all I can do is wish you good luck.

I take it you have the 85 running now? I haven't seen any pictures in the "Ghetto 85" thread.

Charles,

I’m off on holiday in a couple of weeks but when I get back I’m going to focus on some regular feeding patters and see if I can as you say “persuade” mine to fully open. They are a gorgeous coral when they open. I have seen some great photo from others on the forum so it can be done, its just getting it right.

This is as open as I’ve managed to get them. Taken with old iphone apologies for quality.

a9ade91c.jpg

This is how I feed them. Taken with old iphone apologies for quality.

5b3dd599.jpg

I’ve just seen Terry’s thread above good luck hope you get sorted very soon.

Steve

Poriferan

Tank update:bouncer:

Tank is doing awesome. I am getting good growth on all corals.

IMG_9865.jpg

IMG_9867.jpg

This peice is coloring up nicely
IMG_9874.jpg

Poriferan

Been a while, tank made a move to Sacramento, and will get another in a few weeks :lookaroun

I think I am going to replace the skimmer again. The Euro-reef I have never stopped making a snow globe in the tank and I ran it only at night until now. The problem is that the pump is now making horrific noises and rather than replace the pump I may get a new skimmer. Is the Tunze 9002 the best replacement or is there a better one? I do not use the lid so clearance is not an issue.

Thanks

Poriferan

I might try the Turboflotor, I am a but worried about the mounting issue though. MC 500 would be nice, but the price is just too much to justify it for this tank. I think I would go with an overflow and sump before I went that route. I would like to know it isnt going to dump micro bubbles once it is broken in though before I try to mod it for mounting