Planning my honeymoon...

Icebox

Well the planning of my honeymoon is almost finished... We are heading to Cancun to get married the first of April followed by 8 nights in Cozumel to dive. I am really looking forward to some calm Caribbean diving. :)

We will be staying at the Moon Palace in Cancun followed by a bed and breakfastin cozumel. The diving will be with Alison, at www.ScubawithAlison.com.

Time goes so slowly when you are ready for the end to come. :p

Mike

Icebox

Thank you,

Absolutely you are invited… We will be arriving on the 27th of March… It is up to the guests to pay the way of the bride and groom right? :p

Gina

RS STAFF
Congratulations! Sounds like it's gonna be a fantastic honeymoon trip! Have lots of fun and don't forget some pics when you get back! I checked out the photos of their dives....beautiful!

Went on a diving honeymoon in Sept/Oct ... a wonderful way to spend the honeymoon. While the DeLoach books weren't the most romantic to have every night at the dinner table ... the wide-eyed wonder and smiles from the diving made the entire trip a dream.

Have fun, take pics, and enjoy it :)

Icebox

Middletonmark, Where did you go for your honemoon?

Pictures... I will get some, though I do not have an underwater camera so they will be limited to shots of the sunrise, sunset, and shots above ground.

ScottT1980

Mike, congrats!!!

You can buy disposable underwater cameras for a very reasonable price, although the picture quality can be a bit suspect. I hope you enjoy Mexico and I hope to see you guys when I make my (seemingly) biannual pilgramage to the mountains.

Take er easy
Scott T.

Maxx

Rocio and I are getting married next year in Oct, and are still planning the wedding....honeymoon planning will follow...but I'm liking what you've posted up. I am already a PADI diver, Rocio I dont think is, but this will definately be something to look into.
Hmmm......
Nick

Icebox

Nick, congratulations!!!

There are several all inclusives in cozumel that are reasonable priced... Some offer diving some don't. I dove with Alison 2 years ago when i went down there for spring break, and loved my time diving with her. She and the two men that help her, chuco, and ??? Are great. Everybody gets in the water at the same time. The boat drifts along the reef above you, so when someone, or a pair runs out of air, they go up with Alison to do their safety stop. She then watches as they board the boat, and keeps an eye on the other divers below her. She will stay down as long as you can safely stay on your tank of air. (Alison has gills and does not breath air)

As far as your gear goes, Chuco usually carried it for me from the taxi to the boat, assembled it on a tank, switched tanks for me, and then disasembled it, and carried it back to the taxi. I seldom had to carry it other than to and from the taxi at the resort.

The dives were great, some days 30-40 feet, some days 50-60, it was really determined by the group she had, their experience, and where they wanted to dive if they had been there before.

Enough of me advertising her, but did I mention that her boat only holdds 6-7 divers, so there is never a large croud? If anyone wants more information about her, let me know. I would gladly answer questions about her.

Onthefly

Cozumel is a great place....we honeymooned there for 8 days. Diving on the West side is WAY better than the East side.

You'll have a great time and make sure you eat at the "Lobster Shack" right in downtown on the water...cheapest and best food in town!!!!

Maxx

On the fly, Welcome to RS!!!

We're still in the process of planning out our honeymoon...it kinda took back seat to planning out the wedding...since that happens first and all.

Interesting Avatar BTW.....not many people have micro-photo's of the ebola virus handy. Is that just something you found interesting or do you work in the medical field?

Nick

Onthefly

Thanks,

The av has two meanings.....It's actually Marburg (a VERY close cousin to Ebola, but essentially the same) Virus. Congrats, you're the first person to ID it :) It was photographed by a professor at UC Davis (my old stompin' grounds)...and I'm currently in my 4th year for a PhD program here in Oregon in Virology and Protein Biochemistry.

We stayed at the Fiesta Americana (outside of town, past the El Presidente). Although it was a $5 taxi ride to town...it was worth it. The shore diving was really good right in front of our place. We travelled all over the island and dove everywhere. Nothing came close to the shore dive in front of the hotel and the Planacar Reef boat dive.

Maxx

Its been a few years since I had my micro-biology classes...sorry for the wrong id...(Not to totally derail this thread...but...) If I can recall correctly, Marburg has a slightly higher survival rate than Ebola...

Back on track with thread...

Was the Fiesta Americana all inclusive? Thats one of the things we're really trying to stick to, simply because of the money savings on food.

Nick

Onthefly

No it isn't....but we never ate there!!! :) Go into town and buy some munchies, soda, water, etc. and keep them in the room for snacks. Outside of cerveza's by the pool....everything else we either bought at the store or headed into town for a meal. For example, we ate at the lobster shack and another place down the street. At the LS, dinner for us both (usually lobster and carne asada) with a couple margs and beers was about $20...breakfast was even cheaper.