Pics of my 115 gallon and it's construction

mps9506

Looks like an encrusting brianarium to me. (I know I fudged that spelling, lemme look it up quickly...)

mps9506

Ok try again.. Briareum. I can't seethe mat that the polyps are coming out of, if it is a greyish purple color and looks smooth when the polyps retract it should be a Briareum.
If it is bright purple or red on the mat then it is probably Pachyclavularia.

ggee1

Thanks! The mat is more of a light grey to brown color, it is smooth when retracted though. I think you're right about it possibly being Briareum. Thanks again!

Gina

RS STAFF
Things are looking great! What I really like about your stand are the tiles. They add alot of character to it!

ggee1

Thanks Gina, I'm still trying to decide if the trim color I used around the tiles is going to stay. I think a darker blue to match the tiles would look better. Don't really know, maybe this color will wear on me?

wooddood

the wood dude
:jumprope: very very nice, looks awesome. keep us updated and keep those pics coming.

welcome to the sanctuary :turntable .

dave. :smoking:

Gina

RS STAFF
Personally for myself, I would probably choose a darker blue only for the fact that you have some darker blues in your tiles. I would need to see some more pics at different angles of the color you have right now. If you want honesty here the color the trim is right now, I'm not sure about. Don't be angry!!

ggee1

Gina, No not angry at all!!! I appreciate the honesty really!! I'm not good with the color thing, but I know that this trim right now is not really doing it for me :drooool: .

I think the darker blue would work better, in fact that's what I was going to use actually.

Here are some other pics of the doors.

100_1283.JPG
100_1289.JPG

100_1281.JPG

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Am I the only one that can't see the pics on the first page ???
BTW ggee1 welcome to RS :hallo:
What are the dimensions of the tank ? I have a cube myself and love it !

Gina

RS STAFF
Robert,
The pics had disappeared for awhile last night. There was a problem which I take it this morning was repaired. I couldn't see the pics either, so it's just not you.

ggee1,

After really looking at it, I think a darker blue would make the whole set up stand out more. Just trying to get a feel of how dark I would go. Like it's my tank!! LOL

ggee1

I agree with the darker color! Sorry about the pics vanishing...... problems with my website lastnight! :( Demensions of the tank are 34wide 23 depth and 34 high. The Stand is 40 inches high 40 inches wide and same for the length.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
The tiles really give it a nice touch, it looks great !
That is a deep tank how do you reach the bottom ?

ggee1

Oh God! Reaching the bottom is not easy... not a pretty sight either! I have to almost jump in to clean the walls of the tank. Adding corals etc. is not easy either, if I had it too change, I would make it a wall tank and enter from the back. I'm not going to knock it though, it was free! :) This Saturday, I am heading up to Miami to a reef store.... any ideas on a nice fast growing coral? I know I am going to try some Frogspawn, but I may get brave and pic up something else as well. I figured I would ask here for some advice. I want something with some color and is not that difficult to maintain.

Last edited:

ggee1

Ok, I finished the re-painting the trim to this darker blue. After a few trips to Home Depot for different paint, I finally found one that matched! Looks a lot better then before IMO.

100_1310.JPG
100_1312.JPG

Maxx

First time I've seen this thread.....Your tank looks great. I really like the look of the trim you've had to work so hard on. Very impressive. PLease keep posting pics.

Nick

ggee1

I took a side view of the reef tank, even though there's not much in it yet at least you can see what I'm up against! :)

100_1352.JPG

Front view

100_1336.JPG

Gina

RS STAFF
Looks good! Looking forward to watching you fill this baby with color! First photo appears like you have some ledges to work with for placing corals.