OT: Sharing my excitement!

Stacef

Heheh, we are going to measure windows, and the fish room, and the kitchen to put new tile in. We DO realize there will be lots to fix, but we are ready for it!!

When we go and do all of our measuring today, I will take pics!!!!!

rlcline76

Stace, I am guessing your house was preinspected before you bought it...? I know when my dad sold his mother's house a few years back, he had to get an electrician and so forth to check everything out (and even then...like SJS and CATALYST mentioned there is always something that needs fixing). Gotta be willing to nitpick.

Stacef

Oh yes! We have the inspector coming Tuesday, wouldn't go on without having it done.

It is sounding like our closing date is in 4 weeks. Woo hooo, will be the slowest four weeks of my life.

Frankie

RS STAFF
I like the pillars also. That is a great club you have there it looks like! I wish my local reefers were like that. The club here is so bad i thought my head was going to pop off.

lcstorc

Congrats on the new house!
I notice there are no pics yet.
When do we get pics?
You should have those windows measured by now. :)

Stacef

Ok, well a LOT has changed and I have not updated because I didn't know exactly what was going to happen.

We backed out of the house here in Dubuque. About half way done with all of the paperwork we decided it's NOT what we wanted. We definately jumped the gun just because we got approved. Being our first house, we decided to keep looking.

And...while I was in Michigan this last weekend. I found a house that we are putting an offer in on tomorrow. I have LOVED this house since I was a kid. My mom told me when I was in elementary I used to tell her I want to go in it! Mind you--I am in LOVE with old houses with lots of character.

It is a foreclosure house, and does need a new roof, and some fixing up on the outside. Other than that, it's ready to go and be brought up to our liking in the inside. Ironically my uncle is the realtor, so he knows exactly what we can get it for. So, what we plan on paying in a QUARTER yup 1/4 of what the house is worth!! Woo-hoo.

Just to give you an idea of the upgrade, we are spening 40 grand less than the first house, and getting 2500 MORE sq feet of character!

Pics are coming in 5 minutes.

Stacef

Ok don't laugh.... but this is truely my dream, and the work it needs is no issue, I have a VERY handy family :D haha. Here's the outside.

312RichSt012.jpg

312RichSt013.jpg

kathywithbirds

VERY cool. Needs work, but that wrap porch is nice. Those shingles are going to be a PITA unless you get vinyl siding...

Got any inside pics? :D I LOVE looking at houses.

Stacef

Some punk threw a brick through the window on the side there, and clearly needs a roof--hence the tarp! But for 50...you can't pass this house up. My uncle...(realtor) is thinking we can get it at 45!!!!!

Kitchen
312RichSt001.jpg

Dining room bay window
312RichSt002.jpg

First set of amazing pocket doors, looking into the living room
312RichSt009.jpg

Looking back into the dining room
312RichSt003.jpg

Stair case!!
312RichSt007.jpg

Bay window in the entry way half way up the stairs
312RichSt011.jpg

Stacef

Front door, haha.
312RichSt010.jpg

And the fireplace...not my cup of tea, but can be updated. By the way, I am VERY stern on keeping wood work original, NO painting it :)
312RichSt004.jpg