OT I got a new puppy !!

dobejazz

On Friday I needed to put my username sake down due to old age :(
Today through Illinois Dobe Rescue we adopted a new doberpuppy His name is Casper and is a 9-12 month old fawn doberman.

CasperViolet1.jpg

CasperViolet2.jpg

reefer4200

Hes cute!! and good for you i always love to see people "rescuing" dogs! They all deserve a good an loving family!!

Gina

RS STAFF
Sorry to hear that you had to put your dog down.
On the up side, he's a nice looking puppy!
How's he fitting in so far?

lcstorc

Beautiful dog and little girl. Obviously they are already very comfortable with each other.

Royalscott

I am sorry to hear about your namesake. Congrats on your new dog and I LOVE the fact that he is a rescue!!!!! KUDOS TO YOU!

kathywithbirds

I missed where you had to put your dog down (hate that phrase) I'm so sorry!!! I know how hard it is.

Your new addition looks like a sweetie! It seems to be rescue time... friend got a dog, my mom got a dog too. Hers is some kind of pointer mix and some lab, if you colored in the few white patches on his otherwise black/brown coat, you'd think he might have a little dobe in him somewhere. He's got that tippy toe thing in the back like the pointers have.

dobejazz

Thank you all so much for the condolences on Jazz she also was a rescue doberman (actually Casper is my 5th rescued dobe since I got started in the breed back in 86 )

Here is a pic of my Jazzy girl a few weeks ago

DSC_0047-1-1.jpg

Stacef

Aww I am sorry to hear about Jazzy Kelli. Your new pup looks like a perfect fit! Thank you for rescueing!!

Kate

I'm sorry you lost your dog! :( We had to put our old dog Charlie down last winter, but we've adopted our dog Callie, from a rescue! They seem to make the best pets! :) Charlie was adopted too!

Frankie

RS STAFF
Poor Jazz :( Sorry for your loss Kelli. Love the new pup! Your daughter is getting so big. :)

kathywithbirds

Kinda off topic, I've been reading my daughter illustrated classics, latest is Black Beauty. There's a chapter where the horses "talk" about how humans treat animals, and they get into cropping tails and cuting ears on dogs. I explained this to Erin, then later she caught the ears on the pics of Jazz and your new puppy. Do they crop tails on dobes too? Can't remember. hmm. Haven't seen a doberman in a long time for some reason.

dobejazz

Kinda off topic, I've been reading my daughter illustrated classics, latest is Black Beauty. There's a chapter where the horses "talk" about how humans treat animals, and they get into cropping tails and cuting ears on dogs. I explained this to Erin, then later she caught the ears on the pics of Jazz and your new puppy. Do they crop tails on dobes too? Can't remember. hmm. Haven't seen a doberman in a long time for some reason.

Yep Dobermans have docked tails and usually cropped ears

There was a Black Beauty remake that came out a few years ago I was crying my eyes out.

dobejazz

Thanks Stace, Kate, Frankie & Scott. Jazz was one of those one in a million dogs I miss her terribly - But Casper is getting my butt out of the chair and back to walking

Here are a few more pics of him

Casper5-27.jpg

DSC_0018-1.jpg

DSC_0008-2.jpg

dobejazz

and yes he really is wearing a pink rhinestone collar - Violet wanted him to wear Jazz's collar I didn't have the heart to tell her no