OT: Ever Google your RS member name?

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
I discovered this by accident, but thought it was sooo cool that I had to share!

Doing a search of the entire world wide web through Google for my RS member name produces the #1 Hit!

I tried a few other RS members and got similar results... :yup:

Now I can just tell my family and friends to Google JFK_Jr to see my tank chronicle on Reef Sanctuary!

jfkjr.jpg

vdituri

Creepy. It even tells me other sites I signed up for. My reefspace.
Posts here that had my name in the title.

It's veritable who's who of clammy knowledge. lol

DaveK

This is a very important point.

Keep in mind that employers, banks, and other entities often use Google or other search engines to search for your name before they hire, make you a loan, or other involvement.

It's a good idea to Google your full real name, and any screen names you use from time to time. Never post anything that you don't want the world to see.

kathywithbirds

This is a very important point.

Keep in mind that employers, banks, and other entities often use Google or other search engines to search for your name before they hire, make you a loan, or other involvement.

It's a good idea to Google your full real name, and any screen names you use from time to time. Never post anything that you don't want the world to see.

*kathy belches, scratches a## and passes gas*

see what?

I'm safe. You know how many people have my very common last name?

boozeman

unfortunately boozeman is a rather popular tag.
....but, as far as I know, I am a member of almost every reef forum in and out of the U.S. :D

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I discovered this by accident, but thought it was sooo cool that I had to share!

Doing a search of the entire world wide web through Google for my RS member name produces the #1 Hit!

I tried a few other RS members and got similar results... :yup:

Now I can just tell my family and friends to Google JFK_Jr to see my tank chronicle on Reef Sanctuary!

jfkjr.jpg

You are famous!!!!! :D

framerguy

Victor will get a kick out of this, but I googled framerguy and it asked "did you mean Farmerguy?" LOL. I was around 6th place. Lots of framerguys I guess.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
HOLY CRAP! I about peed my pants when I did this.... I saw this one
BigAL07 Travel, Tennis, Biking, Golf, Camping, Day Trips.
Canton North Carolina, I want to find a kind, honest, devoted, sincere, tender women for a true real relationship. Who will not only be my wife and my lover ...

What REALLY got my attention was the location "Canton, North Carolina" which is WHERE I grew up and only 6 miles from where I am right now!! Fortunately that's NOT my profile and for SURE not my picture but really that's TOO close to home!!!

caitrina

When I was working it was very common for me to search someones name / email address, etc in all search engines, not just google, you would be surprised what you can find about someone, if you know how to do it, actually maybe you wouldn't(be surprised, that is.) So now that it has been brought to your attention you may want to keep your last name (particularly if associated with your first) off web sites.

mps9506

Baahhhh... I just searched my name... I'm on myspace... I'm a 24 year old guitar player. I'm pretty good looking to. The girls will be throwing their underwear at me in no time :p
I also have a WoW blog, I run a mathematics geneology project, and I'm a professor at a university in Germany... What a busy guy :p

caitrina

Baahhhh... I just searched my name... I'm on myspace... I'm a 24 year old guitar player. I'm pretty good looking to. The girls will be throwing their underwear at me in no time :p
I also have a WoW blog, I run a mathematics geneology project, and I'm a professor at a university in Germany... What a busy guy :p

But are you singing, "I'm so much cooler online?" :lol: