one stop at LFS now look what happend

bullet

Well it turns out the Fire goby didn't get eaten by the RBTA on Sunday the 23rd He showed up yesterday the 25th after I went and picked up a new Fire goby now we have two, yes I know you are not supposed to keep to in a tank under 30 gallons but I am going to try it any ways I will keep keep them fat and happy and see how it goes plus one is larger than the other

bullet

day 4 and the 2 fire gobys are getting along well, did water change last night went well minus not having water up to temp it took about 1 1/2 hrs to add water back to tank so a reminder to everyone make sure your water is warm enough.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Keep an eye on your salinity and start slowly raising it up to 1.026.

bullet

We use the nutria sea water ocean water checked it again last night after recalibrating our refractometer and it was 1.025 which is were it normally is. We picked up a St. Thomas mushroom as well last night 3Mar2014 and it looks really good in the tank also added a sand sifting sea star, a dwarf sea hare and a anemone crab on Friday the 28. Time for new tank !!!!! We are looking at several different ones we like the cube but think we are going to end up with a 120

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
From this:

goma-albums-parameters-picture24821-standard-parameters.jpg

bullet

If coral are doing well and fish are thriving wouldn't the 1.024-1.025 our tank has been running at and its usually 1.025 this is only the second time I believe its been 1.024 since its been running be an acceptable range? I understand there are certain parameters one should follow I get that but I also believe that are exceptions to every rule, if it isn't broke don't try to fix it. Our cal has been right at 420 the 3 times we have had it checked also ph has been good usually right at 8.3 1 time it was 8.1 ammonia 0 nitrate 0 nitrite 0 phosphate was less than .001 and alkalinity was around 8-8.5 temp has been between 77.5-78.1 this was on monday when we had the water tested at LFS. Even they are impressed with our water tests they have been very stable no major swings or sudden changes. I still say it has to do with using 40Lbs of LS and just over 20Lbs of LR and the Nutri SEAwater I know its cheating but its been working for us.

bullet

The orange clown has taken over the ybta and the black one has gone to hosting the rbta the 2 fire fish are thriving together I was worried at first after reading that they need alot of room if going to house more than 1 but they are doing great in our 29 cube also our dwarf sea hare is getting fat and happy I don't know if anu of you guys have one of these but he gets all over the place and fairly quickly too. Did water test last night finally picked up test kit and all tested good ammonia 0 nitrtate 0 nitrite 0 PH 8.2 salinity 1.025 temp has been holding between 77.6and 78.2 also the skimmer is def doing its job we dump and clean it once a day

bullet

We also had a bout with some brown algae from moving the tank near 2 windows thats when it started so after speaking to the LFS they said it was caused by the :snshne: sunlight so now we have tinted windows you can see in the pic its going away the algae not the tint lol

bullet

We thought it was a gonner when it closed up real tight and tiny with black bits coming out of the ends of it now three weeks + later its all better pulsing and flowing

bullet

now we have to work on the red flakey algae line we have growing. not sure if I want to mess with it cause its not really spreading and I feel it might if I start messing with it, maybe better off to leave well enough alone

bullet

Well it happened again nope nothing bad just another fish or 2 yes we did we added a midas blenny and a ruby red scooter blenny now we are done no more additions to this tank, and we have decided to go with the Neo 105 rimless for our new tank/adventure hopefully get that ordered by the end of April so it will be in for Shorties Bday at the end of May keep fingers crossed and see what happens I will update with new pics tonight of cube water has been testing good except for calcium was a little low 340 added some calcium supplement and we are back on track at 420

bullet

Oh and almost forgot on the red flakey algae we added the smallest emerald crab we could get and I quote form Shortie "hopefully this one doesn't grow up to be a butthead like the last one"

bullet

its been over a week since we added the emerald crab and so far so good he is eating algae also we removed the black cardinal fish now that it is in great shape we brought him back to the LFS and are going to nurse another one back for them because I don't mind if we have an ugly fish in our tank and it only takes a month or so for the fins to grow back nicely once they stop being picked on other than that all is well still doing 4 gallon water change every 2 1/2 weeks

bullet

Time for an update I know I haven't been keeping up with everyone on here but we have been keeping up with our tank, which by the way is doing awesome Shortie added a coco worm and now we fill it is done finally !!!! But we are still looking at the Neo 105 and are pretty sure that's gonna be ordered here shortly. Also on another note we started a 3 gallon tank for the bedroom which is in process of cycling as we speak. Other than that hope all is well with everyone