OK Two new 75 Starfire tanks on the way and lots of possibilities and money.

Basile

Seriously awesome inspirational tanks :yup:
And wow is that some research or what :D Really like your stocking lists! Especially the inclusion of mandarins!

Thanks, well don't know if everthing i whish for will be in. I plan on this but, starting with the chromis i've got in a seeding fuge now, that i'll use to seed the big system next week with half the live rock and sand . Then i'll move the chromis in the real 75 G fuge for starters on the seahorse side then QT the yellow tang for6 weeks in the small seeding fuge which becomes the real QT after moving the rest of the live rock and sand with the chromis. I'll fill the big 150 tank with the chromis ultimatly and the tang, the goby, the clowns , the manderin and then fill the fuge with the anglers , the seahorses and see how are the fishes in the 150G before putting in the Anthias. If they are fine ok but if stressed no Anthias . I'm doing quarantine for everyone of them 6 weeks. I rather do this than spend money and time and specially efforts in emptying tanks because of invasions pests and diseases. Coral X bring it on as well!! an once of prevention= a ton of cures.

Basile

The catwalk

[video=youtube;VBdSqk78nHw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBdSqk78nHw[/video]

The catwalk

Photo221.jpg

Brotherly love

Photo224.jpg

If you can't count on your bro to wash your ears who can you can count on

Photo225.jpg

Photo226.jpg

He got assimilated by the Borg

Photo220.jpg

Photo006.jpg

Photo009.jpg

Photo010.jpg

Photo195.jpg

Does he has a face or what

Photo012.jpg

You and i sleep like that we have to be taken to the emergency in the morning.

Photo198.jpg

What i life

Photo193.jpg

Photo192.jpg

Photo168.jpg

Photo167.jpg

Its the same show everytime i go......

Photo165.jpg

Photo163.jpg

Photo164.jpg

On the seeding fuge when it started, now they're a little more behaved

Photo154.jpg

Helping me with my renovations

Photo150.jpg

Again what a life

Photo146.jpg

Photo145.jpg

They get tea and biscuit in the afternoon.

Photo106-1.jpg

Basile

While waiting

While i'm waiting for the sump this week last week they've installed my heat exchanger and central air-conditioner. The heat and air exchanger will kick in when the humidity go over what ever i set it too, so right now before the tank is full its 30 % and its dry inside get my electric shock every morning lol, so normal is about 45% to be comfortable .

It always does.....

Photo001-2.jpg

Photo004-2.jpg

Photo007-2.jpg

They had to make the 5" dryer hole bigger to 6" for the new unit, i'm loosing the dryer for now but will fix it later, shhhhhh.The wall is 8" thick cement second floor , poor guy.

Photo016-1.jpg

Primari vent arrives in the washer, dryer room also my RO/DI unit room.

Photo013-1.jpg

Photo014-1.jpg

The small unit on the floor is good for twice the size of my flat

Photo028.jpg

Photo019.jpg

Two pipes for the foul air outake, and two for the fresh air intakes

Photo018-1.jpg

Photo027.jpg

Doing the intakes and outakes

Photo002-2.jpg

Photo010-1.jpg

In my fishroom i'm having one outake to take the excess humidity out and one to bring fresh air in , so i can close the door and have a seperate system with the rest of the condo, i've also have the controls put in the fishroom so the unit will work according to the ambiant parameters of the fishroom and proceed accordingly, min or max. output.

Photo011-1.jpg

Photo026.jpg

Drilling for the airconditioning, actually its called a thermopump here now, its a combination of airconditioning and heater and its actually working together with the heat exchanger and use less energy if its possible, the heat exchanger uses the same as a 60W light bulb in a day, thats it.

Photo029.jpg

Photo039.jpg

Outside the unit makes 38dB less than your fidg and a small fan i had to ask if it was working.

Photo031.jpg

Paul B

I guess I like seeing unique things tried, most everybody kinda follows the same path,

I would put a 1955 Oldsmobile in my tank if I could fit the thing in. The transmission fluid would be a problem though.

Basile

Its seems that western Canada has an enormous string of storms and the trucks bringing my sump are stuck, thats the bs i'm being fed lately by the manufacturer, the tracking has started finaly , i don't know how many days and its still not here. I'm thinking of buying an iguana to to put in there for xmass at least i'll have something to show to the family. Of course i would have to clean out the sand after .....

Basile

I love that this is the "most pictures per page" thread around !
Yes, you've just been crowned champion !

Thanks, You know what they say a picture is worth a thousand words...; and i'm lazy lol i don't like to write that much. :fingerx:

Basile

Making water

Puralator called they're delivering the sump tomorow, wednesday the 18th, i'm starting to make water, it'll take 2.6 days to make 255 G of water. While i'm awake of course. One of my buddy is comming to iron out some of the plumbing i'm not familiar with but the rest is already to go, drains and returns, pumps and RO/DI, skimmer, Lightings, powerheads, and everything is ready to receive the fish. I'll be using at this point since i'm so behind , the bioproduct to start my tank, so i can put my fishes right away in it. I've seen it used and it works great. A friend of mine used it to start his whole fish store, if that's not confidence what is. I would of prefer the natural way but i want my family to see something in for Christmas . So in with the new technology. I'll have my chromis in te tank since they've been in quarantine 60 days now. and i'll have my Yellow tang in Quarantine in the QT .

Photo179.jpg

Photo181.jpg

I have a question for you guys. Since i'll be starting all tech and with no need of live rock, and that in my start fuge i've discover bristleworms should i still put the sand and live rock in. This is if you think BW are of any value of course.

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I think a few bristleworms are good to have around. A ton of them, not so much. I think the 'tech' he speaks of is something like Dr. Tim's One and Only which I used in my nano tank with good success. I've cycled tanks both ways and think both are valid methods. I'm getting excited. Can't wait to see it wet!

Basile

What is the "new tech " you speak of ??

Its a new technology, its a pack of glass vials containing all the different kinds of bacteria needed in a mature tank. You have to incorporate them in successions and with in 24 hour you can put your fish in any tank. Its a proven tech because an entire shop i know, started its operation like that. I know the owner personaly. Its new on the market and very effective. depending on the size tank, mine would cost about $ 54 plus the $ 46 bio feed you have to put in a few weeks later to keep the bacteria alive until the cycle become automatic and self supporting. Its a way to jumpstart your system if your impatient. In my case 6 months into the build up and at least 3 months late and nothing for Christmas while the family is here. So i'm doing it. . My live rock will still bring something to the make up of the cycle and improve the cycle process.

Basile

Got the sump and new video

Got the sump this morning and i made a new video part 8 check it out.

[video=youtube;EwfpMTytbVk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwfpMTytbVk&list=PLk_Pw-jAYdFdfdxt3LnuihwIJUGqREF5K[/video]

Basile

Do not panic, i've done that already;

Do not panic, i've done that already; as i was cleaning my new sump; its in 2 pieces, a 32"x19"x16"high for the drains, sock and skimmer and the second part for the reactors and return pumps. 18"x19"x16"high , the skimmer section had a piece of hair near the hole for the bulkhead. Well i though it was a hair, as i wipped it with paper towel and vinegar, thats when i heard it the craking noise . From the bulkhead hole to the top of the panel a crack and my yelling NOOOOOooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. YEP brand new sump. So i contacted Concept Aquariums which i sent pictures of the crack by now i had smeared on a thick coating of silicone on both side of the exterior panel. They were very calm and had immediate solutions. One was to contact one of their friends here in Ottawa who could repair the panels at their cost and within a few days. So thats the best solution to get this wet party on track as i have a 30 gallons drum to empty in the main tank. So thats the plan . Tomorrow i'm taking the sump to that store who happens to be a member of my local aquarist club, a buddy of mine lol , small world.

Photo230.jpg

Photo231.jpg

Photo232.jpg

Photo233.jpg

Photo234.jpg

Basile

Looks grouse mate!! Can't wait to see it filled with the flow going! :yup:

I had to look up "grouse" in the dictionary mate , as a french Canadian i wasn't sure i knew it wasn't gross , but was determine to find out what it met. LMAO when i found out and happy about it too Thank man . Cheers, Was there last year for a month, never pick that one up lol.

tumblr_mkb1wkTUEb1rv1xfdo1_r1_500.gif

Basile

I feel like Moses

Just like to share this moment of joy which is like comparing it to the baptism (a ceremonial immersion in water) of a tank. A lot of hurdles have been jumped to get there, lol . Thanks to my new friends here in this club ; David , rPhilippe , Martin , Marc , Stuart, lJp , who helped at one time or another and those of you for your support. Enjoy the mini vid lol it actually made me go.

[video=youtube;oDvYvNkPibM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDvYvNkPibM&list=PLk_Pw-jAYdFfzK1jNhN7rAilGwHaEzvH5[/video]

tumblr_mr0yu6LSIy1so373uo1_500.gif

StirCrayzy

Very nice bro! I love that feeling that the end is near, where the enjoyment factor starts to set in.

Around my parts, grouse = dinner ! :laugh: