Octoman's 55 gallons of euphoria

Octoman

Everyone's ready for bedtime!

Daisy has got her "PJs" on...

reef2040.jpg

The plate puts out his tentacles for the night...
reef2037.jpg

Octoman

Sorry if I'm throwing up too many pics... I went a little crazy once I found my battery charger!

Last one for now. Bigger FTS...

reef2031.jpg

Octoman

Thanks Allen! I've got one pic for tonight.

Grumpy old Sherman hates when the neighbor kids play their loud music...
Tankpictures2.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Great pic. You DO have the top completely JUMP proof right? My firefish played FLYING Fish one night and got through a s lit between the hood and HOB filter that was less than 3/8" x 2"w. Was sad.

Have a GREAT evening!!

Allen :)

Octoman

You DO have the top completely JUMP proof right?

Yep, eggcrate all the way across the top. Sherman is an overflow surfer. He's made it in there three times now (twice because a former tankmate was trying to eat him... ). I'd hate to see what would have happened if I didn't have the eggcrate. Thanks for the heads-up!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Mark I've got one word for you... Gutter-Guard... well two words maybe :) Use some to block off your over-flow. I buy it here by the roll because I keep finding more uses for it... Duct-tape and Gutter-Guard..... LOVE EM!!

Allen

Octoman

He's quit going for a ride in the overflow since I took the antagonist out. I had a really mean brown bird wrasse for about a week. She took out most of the xanthid crabs, which was great, but then she headed for my smaller fish... The gutter guard sounds like a great idea, that would keep the snails out of there too!

I just ordered a third T5, couldn't resist the deal on it ($34 shipped with everything including the reflector!) With the individual reflectors on all of them, I don't have room for any more than that, but I think three will be just right.

Octoman

It was a hitchhiker in my TBS rock (grown somewhere near the Keys). From the info I could find, he's most likely not too toxic. I got two HH in the first part of the package, but one eviscerated after a week. This one seems to be doing fine. I target feed him some cyclopeeze and phyto when I see his feeders out.

Sorry about the reflection, he never moves, so its hard to get a good angle...
Tankpictures2026.jpg

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Now that I can see the whole body, it's is a Donkey Dung cuke! That feeding apparatus is wicked!

goldenmean

I had one of those in my TBS KS in part 1 but he did not survive acclimation.
Mine never had the feeding apparatus out. Yours is so sweet!

Octoman

Thanks everybody, I've gotten pretty attached to the cuke!

These were donated to me today by a fellow reefer and schoolmate.

Go forth Nassarii, and feast upon hair algae!

Tankpictures2029.jpg