Oceanic 30 cube In wall OVER THE TOP.

and yes.. that is a straight up DIY lamp too.. was old rusty and gold when I got it... martha stewert'd up a little for some festive seasonal pasazz.

Jess

Hey kev.....looks sweet! And I was already going to comment on the lamp. Quite festive. Way to be! :clink:

need to build a box around the exhaust fan.. that eye soar is killing me.

got the mp10 now. I like it, think they are a little bit overated but its working fine.

WVUReefer

I love the fan set up with a bucket...And to think contractors throw thousands of buckets away everyday...save a friend..save a bucket..

well i could of just bought bigger duct to fit the fan into, but seemed pointless and the bigger diameter you go it gets really expensive, and the lip on the bucket was just perfect for sitting ontop. figured why not give it a try.

cbrownfish

Hey Kev, I found you out here. That lamp is sweet! Is that the secret project you were working on over the holidays? :D Time for some updated close ups!

ohh no.. the lamps been here man.. dunno how you missed it before.

close ups in due time. still battling getting parameters perfect and stable.

no drama or loss, just things still arnt as good as they should be.

need to get the ATO hooked up, which means the new Fail proof sump. Ugh.. been putting a lot of stuff off honestly.

i really need to find a replacment quartz for the coralife turbo twist 9w. This algea is killing me.. it would be nice to scrape and have a clean tank for atleast 3 or 4 days. think the UV should help. Not running GFO now, but thinking about starting it back up. Just have carbon and the ER going now.

Preparing for an 18day vacation, I am trying to get my system set up to minimum maintenance and easy maintenance.

moved a few things around, I decided that the trashcan mixing bucket has got to go. I was using a pump for mixing, and a pump for pumping in the new saltwater into the tank. With a little idea and a few PCV Fittings, I figured out a pretty simple way that I could Do BOTH! STIR AND FILL, with one pump, that runs all the time.

project isnt done quite yet, but now my new mixing department is going to consist of only 1, 10g.

IMG_0185-1.jpg

first off A and B, are both Off valves (used two just for saftey) but these things work very good. (will inquire a drip cup at refugium where the end of the line will be going) When both a and b get opened, or cracked, water will go into refugium, where I do waterchanges from)

C is the main water In, from the pump and D is the water out that goes back into the 10g mixing station, which turns the water and mixes the salt.

So when I crack the D, and open the A and B, I will get water out of the mixing 10g into the system, when A and B are off and D is open, Im just mixing the saltwater, and keeping it fresh.

I put the valve C in, just incase I have to much flow going through the system and when stiring, the water could splash out.

so that was a neat little thing, I am happy with the outcome on that project. (Clear PvC glue btw, yes, you got to use pvc glue) I feel this is going to make it a lot easier for someone to do a waterchange or two on my system while I am away, plus I like coming up with little things like this and enjoyed making it.

and just a little update on some movment acts that have been happening in the backseens of my system.

IMG_0188.jpg

on the list.

Shelf for 2 quartsize cups to sit under the aquamedic dual doser
ATO to get set up, which will require an emergency drain in the sump (meaning new sump) because my system will be running on a Ice Cube Relay and being in the industrial electrical field, these things do hold contacts sometimes (when they get worn out) which will mean my top off pump will constantly stay on, (and granit, they might not ever stick honestly, allen bradley is a great brand)

and I know some other fellow electricians have been on my board, unfortunatly, ive seen SSRs stick too, had a 15,000 blower just running wide open until I popped the SSR with the end of a screw driver, there is no relay that is 100% even though SSRs claim to be, its only happened once in my career as an electrician however, ice cubes on the other hand, might be a good idea for me to replace 1-2x a year.

My refugium is pathetic, trying to find where I hid the motivation. but thats on the list.

and it goes without saying, I would like to route these stray wires and get the inside of the closet looking spiffy, I show off my behind the scene work with more pride than I do the actual display tank.

Also, I have a few pictures for you guys. Just took by a P&S camera, sorry No SLR here, there isnt one memory that I can think of that is worth a 900$ camera. but thats me, and yes... I am very lame.

neon dottyback

THEDOTTYBACK.jpg

dottyback_edited-1.jpg

Sharks :p

NEMOS.jpg

atleast they eat like them, and yes.. I broke down and got the damn false percs, I dont give to much about fish, but non hobbiest love seeing the fish and they do kinda add that spark to the tank.

Jess

Bout time you posted on here!!! :p And...... 18 day vacation...LUCKY you ;)

Tank's lookin good as always.

bwhit1406

The problem with being a maintenance Electrician is you see things break and go bad all the time. So when you set out to do something, that random failure is always on your mind.

very true. But thats why we gotta plan in advance for the one thing that isnt suppose to happen, to happen. :p gives a new meaning to fail proofing your system.

thanks Jess. :p

cbrownfish

Man dude, I short circuited trying to just read all that! :D Don't forget to get some pics from the show, k homey?