Newbie Frag Question

Stalwart

You have seen my frags, most are on those round discs, is it possible to remove them from these discs to attach them directly to the rock, and if so how would I go about it, without killing the poor guys. Or should I just leave them on there and let them do their thing.

blue_eyes53813

I would just leave them on there... In time if they are super glued the glue will give and it will let loose...If you wedge them between rocks they might spread to attache to the rocks themselves

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
You may break them trying to remove them from the disc. Eventually, they will grow downward and encrust the disc.

burning2nd

ya i just wedged one of the test tube tops (that had the frag grow on top) inbetween a corner of a rock, and a shell for about 4 weeks. Its now grown all the way down the side and on to the rock. In a few weeks when its all grown on all the sides its probly gonaa lok like a bump in the star pylop

you could cut the sides off so that it sit flush on the what ever you puting it on. i was gonna cut the rubber sides off in the bigining but its two late now

Stalwart

I got all of these frags from a guy at the same time, dont know how long he had them but they are all pretty well encrusted onto the discs, but the discs are like 1 inch thick, I was just looking for a way to avoid the big bump in the middle once the creep off on all sides and encrust the main rock. I guess it is what it is and I will just live with it. Good thing about them is, if I decide to upsize, moving those will be pretty easy since they havent reached the main rocks yet.