New to Reefsanctuary

Ron of Triton

Hi every one "Ron of Triton here. I love going to the reef sites and chatting with all the reefers out there. I fell into this hobby by accident. I love diving (35yr.) and a friend of mine (Captain Bucko) Piloted a large vessel called the "Jeanny Kay" which use to bring in aquacultured liverock. I asked him if they were hiring, and he said, yes. So I went and applied for the job. Was hired, and that was 6 years ago. Now I'm general mananger of sales @ LIVE ROCKS.com. There are alot of other stories to go with this, and it would take to long to tell. I hope to help answer questions on the threads in here. As the aquarium chat rooms are where I have learned alot of what I know, besides expierience from all the hours under the ocean every week. I wear a wetsuit to work, instead of a suit & tie. We have reefs, or lease sites under the oceans, where we build and plant a very special rock we find on land here in Florida. The Federal Gov't. leases the land under the ocean to us, via special permits. We then set up our lease sites via GPS (global positioning satellite). We hand place our seed rock on these lease sites. Let mother nature do her wonderful seeding and growing of all the natural reef plants, animals etc.. that are in the water colum. A little nurturing plus lots of work from ourselves and surprise, surprise before your very eyes a wonderful transtion takes place! The white knarly Bryzoan facies rock that we plant, turns into beautiful Live Rock, with over three-hundred micro life forms on it, including lots of hitch hikers. I also have a Ultra-lite aircraft that I enjoy flying, as well as my motorcycyle riding. So, if you can't find me here, I'm either up above flying, or down below diving.Well that gives every body an idea of who and what I do. Hope to be a part of the family here. Sincerely "Ron of Triton"

Gina

RS STAFF
:hallo: and :welcomera Ron!
Sounds like you have a very interesting job and life!!
I'm sure you will be a valuable assest to our community and there will be lots that you will be able to teach us!
Glad to have you here!
Have fun!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Welcome to Reef Sanctuary Ron! ...you should change your nick to Lucky Ron. :D Wow... diving and flying... the best of both worlds!!

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Welcome you've got a very interesting job hope to hear more about it.What kinda bike ya got?well again welcome :hallo: