New Ricordea

Three ricordea came on this rock i bought, One is very white. Is this normal for them or is it a different species?:apint:

Attachments

• ricordea.JPG
    ricordea.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 239

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
Actually, you are both wrong...Its a Ricordia Yuma...NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.....

the white one doesnt look all that good....I had a ric that turned white, I heard its because they expelled their zoanthelle

tippMANn98

sure it is...Its just a baby, they look really really funny when they are babies.....i promise....let a shroom guy come in and tell you too!

tippMANn98

here is a pic of a younger yuma, but not that young, IT WAS MINE:
RainbowYuma.jpg

tippMANn98

The polyp density is different because of their age and size...these are really really young yumas....I know Im right on this, so I wont argue, no need to.....

I can guarantee that the ones in his pic are no bigger than a quarter( the biggest yuma) and the others no bigger than a dime.

Witfull

do you have any idea as to how many rhodactis are sold as yumas? rhodactis are a great species,,,,,but not yumas,,,,and YUMA's are not a HH species,,,rhodi's are!

tippMANn98

well, rhodactis also DO NOT have such pronounced rounded bulb like polyps on them. And ANYTHING can be a HH, but maybe he bought the rock WITH the mushrooms on it KNOWINGLY....

They are Yumas, thats final. I have never see a rhodactis that looks like that.

ds69

haha im gonna stay out of the argument but the the white one is bleached for sure.... It may or may not come out of it. There is a good chance it will die but only time will tell.

tippMANn98

if this is what you call "rounded" then you got another thing coming:

here is a rhodactis....
001.jpg

Their "polyps" if you will are never ever the same, all different looking "twig" like appendages.

and my bubble Rhodactis: Nothing rounded.
BubbleshroomgreenT56-16-08.jpg

Will somebody please back me up on this....Im tired of being BLOWN OFF like I dont know a friggin thing.