New Camera , New images!

Michael_Lambert

Well we picked up the new Camera..

Its the Minolta Dimage Z1

Here are some images i just took.. Keep in mind the camera just came out of the box.. I only tossed in some batteries.. hit Macro and snapped away..

know i need to read the manual.. as this is nothing like my Other camera ... soo many Buttons to play with!

2463.jpg

2462.jpg

2461.jpg

Thanks
Michael

choard

Did you use the macro feature?
I Also have that camera bought it about 2 months ago and
still playing with it haven't tried it yet on the tank
but the goal was to use it on the reef tank.
let me know if you find any little bit of info on taking those shot
chris

Michael_Lambert

Chris,

Yes.. they where taken with the just the regular Macro... But did not adjust anything eles.... as i dont konw how yet.. lol

Cougra

Awesome photos Tooloud!

Where did you get the camera? I would like to get a good digi cam but the cost is way too much in most stores.

Michael_Lambert

Michelle...

I got this one the Z1 at Costco for $499.99 Comes with a package deal.. ( Case, Strap, Batteries and Charger )

I can adjust the white balance.. to adjust to my 20k BULBS!! YEA BABY!! :)

Here are some more..

Finally My tank at its real coloration!.. now you can see the dam green alage on the glass and the new rocks!!
246Fullshot11.jpg

My Zouathus.. Still working on using the Macro!!
246Zoos1.jpg

And my Conch... Again.. Still need to learn the macro.. lol

246Conch.jpg

Thanks
Michael

Michael_Lambert

Travis.. My Friend!!!! ...

Im going to need help :) I don't understand alot of what this camera can do.. lol, I will sit down and do you up a nice email.. lol haha.. And maybe you can explain it to me! :)

now!!

Slowly getting the hang of it.. I think.. what do you all think?? Do you see increased quality! ??

My Copper Banded ButterFly Fish..

246Butterfly.jpg

My Rainbow Brain.

246Brain111.jpg

And finally my Hammer Coral, With a Barnical in the center of it

246Hammer1.jpg

Thanks
Michael.

Michael_Lambert

Still need to work with the Normal Macro... To shoot the other stuff i was using the "SuperMacro" seems to be much easier than the regular "macro" but here is a try at the regular Macro.

Here is the TriColor.. Not sure why but the polyps have stopped comming out..

246TriColor1.jpg

And then this .. Not sure what it is.. lol

246Notsure.jpg

Michael.

sharks

Contributing Member
The shots look great.
Download Photoshop ;)
I would suggest that you then look for Travis’s Photoshop threads.
I have found his actions a tremendous help.
I have found a few others and played a bit.
All I can say is many shots I would have deleted, have been saved and even improved, 100 fold over the original.
You must recognize that many digi cams over expose the shot and need to be edited post shoot.
I owe a great thanks to Travis and a few others when it comes to editing. But to me it’s in the editing not the shoot. I just try to keep the colors as true to reality as possible.
The rest is up to the photographer
And most of all have fun!
S

wooddood

the wood dude
:D well they look pretty darn good to me, cant wait till you figure out the camera, they look great though. good luck.

dave.;)