Nemo is gone

johnlewis

Well my clown jumped out this evening I've had him for yrs and he was with my Uncle for at least yrs before I took position of him. It broken my oldest suns heart I found him out on the floor just a few minutes after I was looking at the tank, but it was too late.

He was renamed by by oldest son from Jake to Nemo after the movie. He will be missed, this is one of my favorite pictures of him.

146clowning-med.jpg
:cry1:

SaltyQueen

sorry to hear about the loss- you can prevent this from happening again by getting a cover for your tank, or by getting plastic "egg-crate" cut to fit the top of your tank at Lowes or Home Depot

Maxx

sorry to hear that man...my sixline wrasse took a jump last night too.....found him this morning.....I hate that.
Nick

Witfull

im sorry to hear this,,i know its hard to lose a friend...and that is what these critters are!

Gina

RS STAFF
:( Very sorry to hear of your loss. Maybe you could get some egg crate like SQ posted to keep it from happening again to another fish. Our fish all come up to the top of the tank. Escpecially when we are there. Would hate to see that ever happen to ours.

How old is your son? Probably feels as though he's lost Nemo from the Movie.

dustybryn

If you worried less and used a bit of quick thinking you could have avoided upsetting your son. All you needed to do was nip down to your LFS and buy another Nemo and he'd never have known, your happy, he's none the wiser ! As for Nemo 1, well clown fish are quite cheap these days anyway.

johnlewis

Thanks for the comments and help. I am picking up some egg crate today.

As for my son he is 6, and he saw the fish on the floor when I did and I put him back in the tank because he was still moving but he did not make it once he was back in. So he experience the whole thing. It was traumatic but there is always a time for children to experience grief.

We talked about what happened to him and about getting a new "Nemo". I think I will go for a pair this time, as my 180g project is moving forward.

Gina

RS STAFF
Hope his new friends make it easier for him.
The cost of the fish makes no difference dustybryn....A life is a life.

EdgeKrusher

Sorry to hear your loss. :(
My ocellaris jumped on me this week also. Luckily I was there, and he wasn't out of water for long.
Good luck with your 180g. Caint wait to see some pics of the progress.

Peace

EK

pista01

John, what a bummer! Didn't you have a jumper a few months ago? Time for a canopy or something.

I found one of my clowns flopping around on top of a powerhead once. What a clown:)