need ideas on what to do

JaxReef

What would you use a 210g tank for? It has a ball valve at the bottom. I am thinking using it to mix and hold saltwater

tank-1.jpg

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Wow! Nice reservoir! Where is the opening? Is it completely closed? Mixing salt would need a good oxygen supply? Or you could use it to store ro/di.

JaxReef

the opening is on the upper left of the picture. Its the size of a basketball. Is that enough for good O2 supply?

No 500 gallon tanks yet, next house maybe

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
JaxReef said:
the opening is on the upper left of the picture. Its the size of a basketball. Is that enough for good O2 supply?

Hummm... it would probably be okay with good water flow... you could drop a water pump(or two) down it for circulation? My concern would be stagnant salt water.

put a sequence pump in that to mix salt or as your sump or even a frag tank!!!!!!! that would be a killer idea can i have one for myself for a frag tank???????

JaxReef

I plan to use a mag 12 to keep things moving.

It cant be a frag tank, I would have to cut the top off

boozeman

how about cutting a hatch and making it a jacuzzi...or maybe a sensory deprivation tank, have you ever seen the old movie ''altered states''? :lol:

JaxReef

you know thats not a bad idea for a large party. 210 gallons is a bit extreme but you can get a 110 or 75 gallon and make punch in it. These things are pretty thick and if you throw a blanket over it and a tarp over the blanket it should keep ice for some time. It would be pretty cool opening a 2 " ball valve to get your drinks

lcstorc

Hmm, with thoughts like this I'm gonna have to make one of those meetings in Jax. :)
But who will drive me home. LOL